Script Collection Query

Methuselah Flint

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
I seem to recall a volume or two of scripts being officially released for sale via the Rodenberry website?

Does anyone have any details or where I could buy it?

Cheers

I seem to recall a volume or two of scripts being officially released for sale via the Rodenberry website?

Does anyone have any details or where I could buy it?

Cheers

Actually they should be 13 volumes released in 2006:
https://web.archive.org/web/20061122002718/http://www.cafepress.com/roddenberry/1799177

It was a limited time offer. I have no idea where to find them now (I'd love to). I suppose you can try Ebay, but I've never seen them there or anywhere else.

Actually they should be 13 volumes released in 2006:
https://web.archive.org/web/20061122002718/http://www.cafepress.com/roddenberry/1799177

It was a limited time offer. I have no idea where to find them now (I'd love to). I suppose you can try Ebay, but I've never seen them there or anywhere else.
Such a shame those script books have totally vanished even from the reseller's market. I've always been curious whether they were scans of the originals or retypes. I can't recall ever seeing one on eBay myself since I first began regularly trawling there for Trek scripts nearly twenty years ago.

Since we do have an anniversary coming up for TOS, it would be cool if the Roddenberry estate could put these out again, sorta like JMS made the Babylon 5 script books available for purchase on Amazon after being OOP for years.

I’ve got the whole series. Thirteen volumes plus “The Cage” in a slim volume all by itself. They’re all scans of the originals, not retyped.

I've seen that, at a certain point, they also sold the unused Star Trek II (The God Thing) script. Do you have that as well?

I've seen that, at a certain point, they also sold the unused Star Trek II (The God Thing) script. Do you have that as well?
I don't recall they ever sold that script. They had the November, 1977 draft of In Thy Image and a May, 1978 revised draft for The Motion Picture at various points.

I don't recall they ever sold that script. They had the November, 1977 draft of In Thy Image and a May, 1978 revised draft for The Motion Picture at various points.

I was convinced I've seen it browsing the Roddenberry.com website through Wayback Machine at Internet Archive, but I don't seem to be able to find it again. Probably I was mistaken.

I have acquired all the Star Trek II scripts and show bible. They are first-draft scripts, and not particularly great. But interesting in a “what might have been” sort of way.

I have acquired all the Star Trek II scripts and show bible. They are first-draft scripts, and not particularly great. But interesting in a “what might have been” sort of way.

Could you please list all the extra scripts you bought from Roddenberry.com beyond the regular episodes (and the show bible)? Just to know exactly what has been released (though in a very limited form). Thanks.

Could you please list all the extra scripts you bought from Roddenberry.com beyond the regular episodes (and the show bible)? Just to know exactly what has been released (though in a very limited form). Thanks.
Oh, I didn’t buy them from Roddenberry.com. I collected them over the last 25 or so years, mostly from eBay,

Oh, I didn’t buy them from Roddenberry.com. I collected them over the last 25 or so years, mostly from eBay,
Same for me. I only ever directly purchased scripts from the Roddenberry store twice before it closed, the first time for In Thy Image and ST:TMP, the last for ST: Generations. The rest of my collection has been from auctions.

Of the many scripts I have, I did buy one from Roddenberry.com and it was undersized with a slick, cover; not like an actual script (although the text was the same).

Interesting how some Lincoln Enterprise are identical to production used. I wonder if most are repros with the odd few originals Gene had already...

Ah, OK. Do you happen to have the famous "God Thing" script by Roddenberry? (the real title was simply "Star Trek II") Thanks.

Ah, OK. Do you happen to have the famous "God Thing" script by Roddenberry? (the real title was simply "Star Trek II") Thanks.

No, I don't have TGT script. That was from before "Star Trek II" morphed from a theatrical movie to a new TV series. I don't have "Planet of the Titans", either. Wish I had both.

As far as I know, neither was ever sold, at least publicly. There were two Titans drafts; one by Chris Bryant and Allan Scott, and another by director Philip Kaufman.

As far as I know, neither was ever sold, at least publicly. There were two Titans drafts; one by Chris Bryant and Allan Scott, and another by director Philip Kaufman.

Yes, they have never been sold publicly, but they are circulating among fans... including members of this Forum.
By they way, the Kaufman "Planet of the Titans" script is described in great detail on Memory Alpha here: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Planet_of_the_Titans under the "Rewrite" section.

I've seen that. I wish I knew how to access the actual scripts. The God Thing and unpublished versions of "In Thy Image" would also be nice to have.

And all other earlier draft movie scripts (especially the various ones that became TWOK).

Back