Scream Queens

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Forbin, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, it was worth a shot, being a horror fan.

It was nice to see Jamie Lee Curtis again. She was hysterical as the domineering Dean Munsch - yes, it's a lesbian joke, but she's definitely not one, given her hot-to-trotness.

The show is unapologetic in its portrayal of the sorority bitches as rank bigots toward anyone who isn't perfect and white. Interesting that the lead bitch bears a resemblance to Sarah Michell Geller.

The texting-and-facebook-posting-while-being-murdered gag was funny (the girl's last act on Earth was hitting "enter"), but overall, pretty bland and unfunny. Oh well.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The "Lead Bitch" is Eric Robert's daughter Emma (or Julia's niece if that's easier.).

She's been a movie star since the mid noughties. :)

3. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the Munch last name was a reference to the "Scream" painting.

4. Guy Gardener

Interesting. When is an an oral sex joke not just an oral sex joke?

I had a moment of clarity.

Grace's dad was both the moron from the sitcom Rules of Engagement, annnnd the sleazy record producer from the ultra drama Nashvile.

:)

It's called acting.

5. svenden

svenden Lieutenant Red Shirt

Jamie Lee Curtis was the one and only enjoyable aspect of this show. I couldn't finish the two hour premier.

6. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I might hunt this down online. It looks like a horror-ish version of Mean Girls.

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually enjoyed the premiere. As I said in my GTVM thread, maybe it was because of Nick Jonas. :) Emma Roberts' Chanel is a truly despicable character, and Roberts plays her quite well. :lol: It reminded me of her bitchy character Madison on AHS: Coven. I'm liking Skyler Samuels, who plays the nice gal Grace.

Who do you suppose is the Bathtub Baby from 20 years ago? Is he/she the serial killer? My initial guess is Pete the barista, but it could very well be Boone.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I get that it's meant to be funny and satirical but I think they might have gone so far with it that it's hard to engage with any of it. I have a hard time imagining there's enough to sustain more episodes.

9. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

It's supposed to be a relatively short season, and an anthology one too. So this plot will be wrapped up within the season and if there's another it would be about something else.

10. Janeway’s Girl

It was okay. I was entertained enough. The security lady was hilarious and Jamie Lee Curtis was great!

But I feel like I lost a few brain cells while watching it.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Anyone notice that all of the music was from like 1985 and older. (except for the obviously called out songs from 1995)

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Thanks to Comcast sucking, I've only seen the first half hour so far, but it was amusing. Jamie Lee Curtis was great.

13. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

My wife's comment was simply that she has to like SOME character to like a show, and she hated everybody. :lol:

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was fun, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting. Jaime Lee Curtis, and Niecy Nash were the highlights.
    I thought Emma Roberts was pretty good as the bitch, who was hinted to possibly have a bit more depth than she was letting on.
    I'm glad that they didn't drag out the whole thing with the killer being related to the girl who died in the tub. Since they opened with the flashback it was pretty obvious that was going to be the reason for the killings.
    EDIT: By bad I meant offensive. I was expecting it to be enjoyable, but after the Parent's Television Council or whatever they're called had a fit over it, I was expecting it to be a lot more offensive.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  15. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

It was funny, some lines even outright hilarious, I'm definitely positively surprised.

16. Janeway’s Girl

I decided to watch it again. Which means that I liked it more than I thought. Guess I have something to watch on Tuesday now.

17. Guy Gardener

Do you have the stones to watch Emma's season of American Horror Story, where she's basically a very similar character, who is also a zombie ####ing teenage witch.

18. Janeway’s Girl

No. As much as I want to try Hotel, AHS is too horror-y for me.

19. Guy Gardener

No, ma'am, this is the past, I'm talking about Coven (Season 3.).

Personally I don't find American Horror "scary" moreso than enjoyably disgusting and quite filthy.

Sorry.

I was teasing.

I really should stop doing that.

20. Janeway’s Girl

Don't worry. I'm used to it by now.

I can't stand horror unless there is some comedy involved.