Scream of the Shalka and the Warrior... could it be?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Emperor-Tiberius, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Basically, could the aforementioned, "Unbounds" by some (including Cornell, the writer himself), tale be technically reconsidered as a very early adventure of the Warrior, before he got "serious" with the Time War and tried to travel around with an android companion that resembled the Master (that he built because he thought the actual Master was dead?)?

What do you think?

2. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well if I remember correctly the "Master"-bot was Derek Jacobi right? Does bring up the odd question, did the Master regenerate when he ran from the war, thus allowing not only to mask himself with the fob watch, but also have an unknown appearance so that if anyone he knew found him, they wouldn't even recognized him by his face or voice.

But it is an interesting thought to make the "Ninth Doctor" become the actual Ninth Incarnation of the Time Lord usually known as the Doctor, again, even if he doesn't sound like a younger John Hurt, but rather Richard E. Grant.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, ever since we learned about the War Doctor I've supported the idea that the Shalka Doctor can very easily be retconned as him. After all, Shalka implies he's on assignment from the Time Lords, which he's not happy about. That can still be the case, with him being the War Doctor.

Allyn Gibson likes this.
  4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I keep saying, although obviously it was great to have someone as iconic as John Hurt as the war Doctor, part of me wished that Richard E. Grant played the role and Hurt played Simenon/the Geat Silence. After all, for a brief time, REG was the official ninth Doctor.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Makes sense to me. Works as "headcannon" as far as I'm concerned.

I need to watch that serial again. I haven't watched it in many years.