Saw Sisko Play In Marlowe's Tamburlaine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Plutodawn, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Plutodawn

Plutodawn Lieutenant Newbie

I was in DC around New Years Eve 2007-2008, and saw at The Shakespeare's Theater Tamburlaine. It wasn't the first playbI saw in DC, saw a real crap play across the street from a Ethiopian Restaurant first, then saw Avery play a bald headed Mongolian, with a American accent and best damn tan ever.

To he honest, nobody cared cause we all just stared at him and kept thinking "Sisko".
    I couldn't see him very well, I was up in the very top row, absurdly steep theater. I recall looking down 30 some stories above, down on him, and just saw this blinding white light burn into my eyes.... that man has a very shiny head. Seriously, he waxes it daily, goes up to the shoeshine boy on the street and gets a good rubdown each day, tossing him a nickle. I nearly went blind.

And those drums..... damn people, they had some big drums for that play. Most massive things I've seen, guys stood before them, holding the drums straight up in the air, pounding away hard at it. Honestly, even without Avery acting in it, if you ever hear of it playing near you, go watch it just to see and hear those damn giant drums playing. I know Avery was looking at them in rehearsal thinking " Damn, those are some big drums, wonder if they will let me wack at them a bit too".

I am sure he has that on a camcorder video somewhere, sacking on those giant drums. He needs to put it on YouTube. Wack, wack, wack!

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope, you saw Avery Brooks in Tamburlaine. Sisko hasn't been born yet. ;)

I saw Brooks in a play called Let There Be Love a few years ago. He's such a talented actor. And that voice! I was in the front row of a relatively small theater, so I could almost reach out and touch. Awesome experience.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Though Gabriel Bell has. :techman:

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Not the version history will remember :bolian:

BillJ likes this.