save our souls and don't make a TDK sequel

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't agree with it. I can't agree with it at all.

3. MattJC

MattJC Fleet Captain

I'm disappointed they got rid of Two-Face very quickly in The Dark Knight, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see a third Batman directed by Nolan.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

We'll see another Batman movie, directed by Nolan or not.

I just hope it's directed by Nolan.

5. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i haven't seen it yet but aside from the fact that profit will insure that a sequel is made i think it is premature to judge a film that probably hasn't even started preproduction yet.

6. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*shrugs* I don't really mind either way. If they make no. 3 and it's good, well, all the better. If it's not good, 1 and 2 will still be good. So I don't really see a problem.

7. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm the same - and I'm in the camp that says there should be a third one for the sake of the story. I don't really consider the end of The Dark Knight a cliffhanger, its entirely a film in its own right, but I would have thought it a considerable shame if this series of excellent Batman films a) ended after only two, and b) ended with Batman on the run. I don't want to see his career end, that's just not Batman, but something needs to happen to restore Gotham's status quo - ie, there are still lots of criminals but Gordon and Batman are on the side of right, Batman is seen as a good thing by the public.

8. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

Rick Berman will produce the sequel, Braga write it, and baird will direct it.

9. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

^Noooooo! :eek:

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Are we still in 2005?

11. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And it will be a Valentine to all Batman fans....

12. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yea, if your idea of a Valentine is a red-hot poker shoved up your ass.

13. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I think making a sequel presents a fitting challenge to Nolan and I'm interested to see what he can do.

14. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

What pretentious garbage. The new type of fanboy, "the don't ruin a good thing by keeping it going" kind, always in fear of trilogies because they can't get past the fucking Ewok thing (or now the Brett Ratner thing). Grow-up. It's all business. And even the blogger admits the franchise isn't ending, and it really won't end until it stops making money. As for "...shut the hell up with these stupid rumors", how about "shut the hell up with this trilogy/franchise doomsayer crap"? Rumors always abound regarding sequels to hit franchise films. Get fucking used to it.

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Odd, though, that I liked X3. It was fun, and it had a thoughtful story. Sure it wasn't a great film, but I have a lot of fun watching it

16. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A friend of mine theorized, and it makes sense, that even if Harvey hadn't been killed by the fall that he would've died of a massive infection of some kind shortly after becasue he left the sterile area of the hospital. Of course, that's leaving aside if he hadn't left he'd have gone BLOOIE, but I digress....

17. Baldus885

Baldus885 Captain Captain

I'm sure there will be a third movie, and I think Nolan is smart enough to repeat what he did with TDK - make a movie with a very different style to it's predecessor. He said all along TDK would be a different movie to Begins and he was right; and the third move will be different again, probably dictated by the villain(s) he chooses. I don't know how - he's the director, not me - but I trust him to get it right.

18. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. But I can accept one that isn't.

19. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Except for Braga, I could accept this too.

20. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

"The Dark Knight" made a bajillion dollars. There will be a sequel. End of story.