Sansar Roddenberry Nexus Museum (VR)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by F. King Daniel, Mar 9, 2021.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has anyone else tried this? It's a cool little virtual museum thing with storyboards and stuff about TOS, TAS, TMP and some unmade Trek movies. The museum itself is vaguely patterned after the Enterprise's engine room, except with a lift instead of a warp core and the exhibits along the walls. There's also a strange bootleg-ish (as in, just different enough in details to say it's not) TOS Enterprise bridge to look around.

Go-Captain likes this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I tried it out when it launched a few years ago. I wonder if they've updated it any.

You don't need VR to use it FYI, it just supports it.

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Have they updated this as i tried this a few years ago and it was quite good although somewhat sparce in content.

4. Haggis and tatties

I just checked this out again and quite a bit more added to it, the McQuarry Enterprise that was never used in TMP looks just amazing when you see it in front of you in just vr detail.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Very nice

Who did that McQuarrie-Adam ship?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  6. Haggis and tatties

^^I just assumed someone must have either scanned in some real life model of the ship from somewhere, but next time i am in it i will try and take some snapshots of the ship.

Just checked it out, this VR version was taken froma study model of the ship, the same one that was used in TNG Wolf 359 battle............here are some screenshots, although they lose something when your not seeing this in VR....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Go-Captain and publiusr like this.
  7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That needs a kit. Looks lovely. It almost looks as if the “cab forward” bridge is itself a runabout.

Speaking of POTT, search for “Fireball XL5 meets Star Trek” at www.downthetubes.net
    creativedioramas.com has a nice runabout

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021