Sales and Other Projects

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by TGTheodore, May 20, 2009.

1. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Inspired by Christopher's recent good news, I figured maybe we could have a general thread about recent sales, publications and so forth.

So ... ahem ... I've just signed an agreement to produce my latest satirical stage musical in December.

It's a somewhat subversive send-up of the old 60's and 70's groups of super clean-cut kids traveling to high schools and colleges and singing contemporary pop tunes. Remember groups like Up with People, The Young Americans and The Spurrlows? (This show is a direct spoof of the latter group, which actually came to my high school in 1970. They were sponsored by Chrysler/Plymouth).

The name of the show is The Poptimists, and I describe the cast as "Stepford kids on amphetamines. Every bit as hip and relevant as the Brady Bunch".

To read more about it, just go to my show website.

--Ted

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Wow. I had forgotten this. We had a group (name unremembered) who came to our school back around 1971. I was about 13 and thought they were so cool.

LOL on your website. "There was a time when clean-cut young American singers toured the land, spreading their optimism and patriotism through the pop music of their generation. This is not their story." :lol:

3. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

Cool! Nicely done, Ted!

Upcoming stuff? Let's see. Everything I thought would be published this year has been pushed back to 2010 because of the economy.

I'm finishing up the unexpected epic Stargate Atlantis novel now, that's slated for 2010, provided all of the approvals go through accordingly.

"Love and Other Excuses", the earliest Realms Next Door story to date (what I've named my original universe, for those who are wondering WTF?), just had its pub date pushed back to the 2010 schedule, but nothing more specific than that yet.

And that's it for the "lock, stock and barrel" stories right now. I've got at least three stories I'm waiting to hear back on whether or not they're going, too. There are a couple of original stories I'm using to experiment with a new publishing platform, but that's still in process. Everything else is backburnered until the SG:A novel is finished.

4. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

I heartily endorse the concept of a thread whereby we may plug our non-Trek stuff. :bolian: Mods? Can this be sticky-ed?

For the rest of '09, I've got a bunch of stuff upcoming, plus a couple of things I can't talk about at the moment.
    As well a story in Dayton Ward's most excellent Space Grunts anthology, my Dalek short 'Museum Peace' is being reprinted in the final Doctor Who Short Trips hardcover, Re:Collections.
    That's going to be followed by First Prime, a new Stargate SG-1 audio drama starring Christopher Judge and Noel Clarke; I also have a Warhammer 40,000 audio called Heart of Rage on the way, a Doctor Who spin-off, Cyberman II, which will be released as a five-disc box set, and Escape Velocity, another entry in the Blake's 7 audio series.

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Non Trek...

The Light Of Heaven gets its US release in July

Stargate Atlantis: Meltdown, starring David Nykl, comes out on October 30th

William Shatner Presents Quest For Tomorrow should start appearing anytime.

Bullets Over Bombay just got translated into French, and will appear in Compagnons De L'Ombre #4 on July 1st

I've got two more comic things coming up - one's a licenced thing that hasn't been announced yet, so I can't name it, and the other's a maxi two-shot of my own called AK-47.

Up next year will be my first crime/mystery novel, Our Daily Dead, and the as-yet untitled first volume of a historical trilogy.

There may be other stuff too - I'm waiting to hear

6. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Non-Trek stuff:

As James mentioned, I had the Space Grunts anthology which just came out, and features the writerly stylings of several Trek authors. I'm also currently pounding on the manuscript for the sequel to The Last World War, coming to a bookstore near you next April.

Beyond that....well, who knows? :)

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Slaving away on a TERMINATOR: SALVATION tie-in for Titan.

I may also be writing an issue of a PHANTOM mini-series, assuming King Features grants its approval.

8. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

sorry James, I have no problem with this thread being here, but there are too many sticky threads. I suggest you "Subscribe to this thread" in the Thread Tool drop down menu at the top, that way you can easily find it next time you want to plug something.

9. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Compared with other forums, five stickies really ain't that many!

10. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Ah, that's how that works. Thanks.

11. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ Look on the bright side; since it's not sticky'd, people will actually read it.

12. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A story in POW!ERFUL TALES and one in the awesome SPACE GRUNTS antho! A novelette in an upcoming issue of ARKHAM TALES.

A short in the upcoming HONOR BRIGADE graphic trade paperback, something hush hush from AC COMICS and a project called PRODIGAL coming from Ape Entertainment later this year.

At least one TV script.

13. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Not sure if this counts but I have taken over the rains of my District Scout newsletter, it's an unpaid monthly gig, but still a writing gig. :bolian: