RUNOFF POLL - November Challenge: The Captain's New Duds

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ptrope, Dec 5, 2010.

?

Who should be our next William Ware Theiss?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2010.
  1. KNH

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Mari

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Well, it appears we have a tie! Appropriate, since we also have shirts to go with it ...

And, as has happened a couple of times before, we have a runoff vote between our two (in this case) finalists, with the moderator abstaining from voting unless there is yet another tie, and then the moderator will vote, cutting the tie and announcing the winner. Ooohh, it's all so exciting!

It's a good thing this is on a weekend, when we hope that a larger number of members can get to the site than when they have yet another workday to look forward to, so this will be a one-day vote, and we'll have the results by Monday A.M, or Sunday P.M., depending on where in the world Carmen San Diego is.

And so, our contestants:

KNH

[​IMG]

----

Mari

[​IMG]

====

Good luck to the finalists, and remember that the winner gets to create the December challenge, so we hope you've both got your thinking caps on :techman:.

2. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

A heated battle! *munches popcorn*

3. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Don't get butter on your fines ... :D

4. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

It's sweet popcorn :P I haven't had salty popcorn in years...

5. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The ballot was confusing!

6. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Is that why Pat Buchanan got so many votes?

7. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Congratulations, KNH, on sewing up the win! Great start for a new member, and well-deserved. We're sure it won't go to your head ;). And now, of course, it's up to <i>you</i> to devise the December challenge! (Maybe winning isn't everything, after all, huh?)

Congratulations, as well, to Mari, for the tie that prompted the run-off - your entry was clearly a favorite, as well, and we hope to see more from you.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and to everyone who voted, or commented on the individual threads- it's all about the community. :bolian:

Good luck, KNH - if you're stumped for ideas, you can always check the "Can I Suggest an Art Contest?" thread for inspiration. All you'll need to do is post a new thread with the challenge, and I'll make it 'sticky' for the month.

8. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

I'm glad I made such an impact, and I vow not to develop any superiority complex over it. :D

Thank you everyone who voted for me. I promise it wasn't the last you've seen from me! Also, new thread up.