Rumor that will cause me not to see the sequel!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by GalaxyClass1701, Dec 22, 2009.

1. GalaxyClass1701

GalaxyClass1701 Captain Captain

I have read more than one interview where Abrhams has stated that he really would like to use the Khan story!

If he messes with Khan I will not see it!

2. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly, there's probably very few things that anyone could do to Trek that would cause me to not watch it. I'm not a big fan of the Khan idea, but I'd still watch it - just maybe not the 11 times I watched Trek XI.

3. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

I don't think they should touch it, but then I didn't think they could cast anyone to convincingly play Kirk...yet they did and it was pretty good.

4. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's the spirit!

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they use Khan in the sequel I will most definitely see it. :)

6. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Abrams keeps getting asked about it in interviews, and he keeps refusing to rule anything out.

Nothing more to it.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

I imagine there are studio people who think this is a very good idea, and Abrams thinks it's a maybe-good-maybe-not idea.

8. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

I would hope so. Abrams also said he wanted this film to have a moral and some social relevance. This may not necessarily rule out having Khan in it, but it does give me hope about how good this sequel may be.

9. Aike

Aike Commander Red Shirt

Would you see it if it were Khan´s sister instead?

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Only if she were played by Gina Torres.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I've heard the rumor they are going to bring back Captain Klaa! I am totally there first day if they do! If they don't, I will NOT see this movie!!!11!!!!one!!!

12. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

I will soooooooooooo boycott this movie if they don't bring back Klaa!!

13. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

death, natural disasters and family emergencies would keep me from seeing the sequel. well, disasters and emergencies would only delay me but death would probably put the ol' Kibosh on it . . .

14. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I'd like to think they can come up with an original idea of their own...

15. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

^but no one in hollywon't will pay to create anything new. how many times can we watch Godzilla or KingKong? evidently about 38. until they come up with something that is brand spankin' new I'll still give Star Trek my moolah. over and over again. If we can't win with originality we can beat em' with other numbers ($).

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

That's it!! Godzilla Vs. Star Trek will be the next Trek movie!

17. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm so boycotting this movie if they don't have Chris Pine in his underwear again!

Well, ok. I'll go anyway.

But if i've said it once, i've said it a thousand times. PULEEEZE no Khan. Please JJ?

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

What if Khan is in his underwear?

19. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Khan only worked in TWOK because of the events that happened after Space Seed that turned him into a vengeance seeking villain. The Khan of Space Seed was a brilliant leader used to being in control who suddenly found himself in another time and with no world of his own. He was a dangerous man, but not villainous.
    Kirk was eventually able to gain control over him, reason with him, and give him a chance to establish a world of his own. At the end of the episode, I think Khan actually had some respect for Kirk.

In short, the hook that made Khan Khan in TWOK wouldn't be there in a movie that used him in another context. He'd know Kirk less well than Nero even did (at least what Nero knew of his universe's Kirk).

20. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

How about a sequel based on Way to Eden? Then the soundtrack can have the jams they use in the movie. It's win all around.