Romuln Warbird Spectualtion

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Pegasus, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Lieutenant Red Shirt

Though never saw it on screen the Drone ship was supposedly an adapted warbird. But what does the normal warbird look like?
    First lets look at the Drone ship:

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/wallpaper...12_1280x960.jpg

Let's logically assume the green fins, and holographic pins are the modifications that leaves the black shape below as the main body of the warbird. What do you think? i know the drone ship was a reuse of the Flea ship from Voyager but it's the only thing we have. their must have been at least a proto-warbird class in the 22nd century.

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    ENT 2x03 - "Minefield"

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Lieutenant Red Shirt

4. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My take on it is - the ships from Minefield don't have cloaking technology, just the same kind of holo/stealth technology seen later in Babel One. Another thought following on from that theory is, that Bird of Prey design doesn't even need to exist beyond the drawing board, or a failed prototype. The Romulans can deceive neighbouring races with an armada of drone ships, all projecting false images of a far more advanced design.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I'm trying to remember what the exact line was in Babel One. Since the shipdidn't seem to be very Warbird-like, I wonder if it was just something like the engine was from a Warbird.

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Umm, the first time we see them is when two of them decloak directly in front of the Enterprise.

7. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

I assumed that the drone warbird was an older class of ship modified for the drone role, and that the ENT "Minefield" warbird was newer, since it's design is similar to Romulan warships in the TOS era. The Romulans probably thought that modifying a ship of the same class as in "Minefield" as a waste of resources. I don’t think the Rommies would risk having their newest, most advanced warbirds falling into the hands of Vulcan, Earth, Andoria or any of the other species. If the Rommies were successful with their drone program and figured a way to remotely control ships themselves without needing a telepathic Andorian, they could probably come up with a simpler design that doesn't have any interiors for a crew whatsoever. Such a ship only needs enough room for the warp core, impulse drive, weapons and holoprojectors. Of course, as previously suggested, the drone ships could have been prototypes of a class of warbird that did not see widespread use and only several built. Or maybe the “Minefield” warbird is a new class and only a handful were in service at the time of ENT, while the drone warbird class was the numerous type

8. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True but several times during the Season 4 arc, the drone ship switches between being transparent and mimicking various designs - Andorian, Tellarite, Rigellian, Starfleet. I suppose it really depends on your definition of cloak. If the holographic emitters switch to projecting the surrounding stars, what exactly would that be?