Riverdale production halted, Arrowverse shows may be next

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TheMadCloner, Mar 12, 2020.

1. TheMadCloner

TheMadCloner Captain Captain

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

It will give me time to catch up on all those series and movies I haven't had the time to see yet--while I'm quarantined in my home without toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

Kor and TheMadCloner like this.
  3. TheMadCloner

You could always watch Demolition Man for some fresh ideas on how to get around that.

Qonundrum, dauntless and theenglish like this.
  4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

You got a shower don't you? ;)

Just this morning i watched Trevor Noah's Daily Show and he talked about Corona of course and showed a video of 3 women actually having a fistfight over toilet paper.

Sometimes i think we deserve to go extinct and have another species try its luck in a couple of million years.

Sucks in a major way for the actual support staff on these shows, the carpenter's, electricians, caterer's etc. Those usually are let go when a production shuts down for whatever reason and given the situation it may be hard to get work somewhere else.

I'm not worried about the actors and other high level people on these shows as they get paid well enough to be able to tough it out for a few months but the regular workers are screwed.

5. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Given Benoist's pregnancy, Supergirl may be especially sensitive to any possible health concerns.

Anwar, Masiral and Turtletrekker like this.
  6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just curious where you get the idea the Arrowverse shows will shut down? It sounds like the only reason Riverdale shut down was because someone working on the show actually has the Coronavirus, and the article doesn't say anything about other shows shutting down.

7. TheMadCloner

Logical extrapolation. The current seasons are almost finished filming anyways, but I’m referring more to next season. There could be delays depending on how long this crisis lasts.

8. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Translation: Jumping to conclusions without evidence.

9. TheMadCloner

Not really. It stands to reason that gatherings and other higher risk congregational activities will be curtailed in the next few months.

I don’t really mind tbh. It gives the writers more time to plan out the season and it also gives Benoist a chance to deliver her baby and start filming after instead of the jumbled shooting schedule they had planned for her around her pregnancy.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only other TV show that has been affected by all of this is The Winter Soldier and The Falcon, and that was only because they were going to film in Prague. It just seems to me like your jumping to a very big conclusion with little evidence.

11. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

The shutdowns etc are for the next few weeks through to about early april (takes about 2 weeks for symptoms to appear) and production wouldn't be looking to spin up against until late Summer, early Fall things should have passed by then.

12. TheMadCloner

The virus is still in the exponential phase in North America. It'll take a few months for this to clear up to the point where everybody feels safe enough to get back to those kind of major activities.

13. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Appears TheMadCloner's extrapolation was not so mad after all.

TheMadCloner likes this.
  15. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope. You just made a post incongruous to the common sense of everyone else and were wrong.

Again.

CorporalCaptain and The Wormhole like this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It looks like I owe you an apology, so I'm sorry, you were right.

TheMadCloner likes this.
  18. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just mentioned this possibility in another thread like 5 minutes ago with tv shows. It won't stop with the Arrowverse. Soon all tv shows will shut down. I mean I heard that by the time all this is over almost one third of all Americans will be impacted and it's worst in other countries. Were only at the tipping point of the epidemic right now. It's going to get worst before it gets better.

Jason

19. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

If the shows are produced at the same facility, then at the very least it makes sense to shut everything down and close off all employee/contractor/caterer/etc. access until the whole place can be given disinfectant treatment. That alone could take days, depending on the size.

Kor

20. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder how much they already have filmed and how many more episodes are left for each show. Also if this virus lasts along time we could end up seeing the rest of their seasons completely canceled meaning the story arcs would have to be completed at the beginning of next season really screwing up and plans they have for their next season.

Jason