Rise of Skywalker cast on Trek

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    saddestmoon likes this.
  2. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

3. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

John Boyega's reaction tho :lol:

4. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

I may have said this before and have forgotten so I will say it again.

jj loved star wars more. fine.

when he did the force awakens, he should have left star wars and done star trek beyond, now he leaves star wars In ruins, why trek is still okay and no where near as damaged as star wars.

seigezunt likes this.
  5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Oh you're making this tough for me, but M'Sharak'll tear me a new one...

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would that ever be a problem?

Many actors have done both Trek and SW.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Only dozens of times.

I have my doubts concerning this.

It's really not necessary. Everyone heard you quite clearly all of the other times.

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with the topic of this thread.

Please refrain from further attempts to hijack threads by compulsively posting off-topic repeats of things you've already posted many times previously. You're running the risk of picking up yet another warning for spamming.

If you really must obsessively post the same things over and over and over, please start a blog, and put all of it there. This forum continues not to be the place for it.

8. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

Am very sorry about that M'Sharak but trek and wars have had a rivalry for years, it goes beyond the actors and directors, its very hard for a topic that is barely supposed to be related to that rivalry not become about it when you put star trek and star wars in the same sentence.

I know this from the Carrie Fisher and William Shatner friendly rivalry when they talked about trek and wars, which in a way brings me back to this topic, like Carrie, daisy does not seem to know a lot about trek. she thinks they are making a 3rd movie.

jaime likes this.
  9. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Warning for spamming. Comments concerning this to PM, please.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

The Trek vs Wars rivalry is silly. They're not rival sports teams or political parties. Why shouldn't they share talent, offscreen and off?

Heck, back in the day, STAR TREK, BATMAN, TWILIGHT ZONE, and THE OUTER LIMITS frequently employed the same actors, writers, directors, etc, and nobody thought anything of it. People working in show business at any given time are naturally going to jump from project to project and job to job. That's just how it works.

Staying OT: I'd love to see Daisy Ridley do STAR TREK, or Zachary Quinto do STAR WARS, or any other permutation.

11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

To the point of absurdity.

Shaka Zulu, DarthTimon, Campe and 4 others like this.
  12. JamesRye

JamesRye Captain Captain

Because the actors get associated with a role. If Patrick Stewart turned up in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, all people would see is Picard in Star Wars!

Danja likes this.
  13. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

Mark Hamill was typecast as Luke Skywalker for decades (for years, he wouldn't have anything to do with SW -- he wouldn't go to cons, he wouldn't sign merchandise, etc.).

It's only been in recent years that he's gotten back into the fandom.

14. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

maybe its not such a big deal now. I mean a few years ago itd be unthinkable for DC/Marvel actors to cross over or actors to play multiple superheroes but its happened a good few times now (e.g. Keaton in Spiderman, Affleck as Daredevil/Batman, Evans in Fan4/CapAmerica). no way for the big Trek names like Shatner, Stewart to be in Wars and vice versa Ford, Hamill in Trek (not that itd ever happen for any.. actually maybe Stewart could get away with it) but the not so 'iconic' Trek/Wars actors it would be no problem (e.g. Pine, Quinto, Saldana, Urban, Isaacs, Yeoh in Wars.. Ridley, Oscar, Driver, and even Ewan, Liam, SLJ in Trek)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    JamesRye and Danja like this.
  15. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyways, they didn't ask the most important guy:

[​IMG]

He's the star of the franchise right now. Baby groot got some competition.

(Am I accidentally suggesting that maybe trek needs a super cute baby character too? Yep. But then again, trek people suck with gadgets and stuff or Uhura's vokaya necklace would now be available for all the boyfriends and girlfriends who want to give their significant other a special 'tracking device' vulcan amulet)

Eta: I remembered that when JJ was hired for Star Wars, Zoe and others were joking about wanting to play a character in star wars too. Since they didn't get the chance, maybe it wouldn't be fair for star wars actors to now be in trek but.. I'm good so why not. Or send them an Enterprise uniform, at least.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Shaka Zulu and Danja like this.
  16. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

I loved Keri Russell in The Americans, and I'd probably love her in the new Section 31 show, too, if she were to do Trek.

Shaka Zulu and Greg Cox like this.
  17. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Imaus and Shaka Zulu like this.
  18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't know. Somehow people coped with Robert Downey Jr. playing Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes at the same time (and, soon, Doctor Doolittle). And I could cite umpteen examples from movie and TV history. Heck, Buster Crabbe played Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers AND Tarzan back in the day. See also Lon Chaney Jr, who played the Wolf Man, the Frankenstein Monster, Dracula AND the Mummy back in the forties. Or Roger Moore, who played James Bond, Sherlock Holmes AND The Saint. Etc.

Never confused me as a kid.

19. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

I for one wouldn't mind for Sir Patrick to be on that Baby Yoda Show - I've always viewed him as an actor, not as one of his characters. However, I think my universe would still implode because of THE CUTE if he interacted with Baby Yoda. ;)

Malaika likes this.
  20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. Locking in an actor to one role pretty much is the height of absurdity to me.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.