Ridiculous crossovers you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Mar 27, 2015.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I dunno about you folks but I love crossovers! Sometimes, they can open you up to a whole new TV world. (I never would have bothered with Homicide: Life on the Street if not for its crossovers with Law & Order.) Sadly, we don't see as many crossovers as we used to. Generally, the only ones that we see are between shows that are already spinoffs of each other to begin with.

What kind of crossovers do you want to see that haven't happened yet?

Some of my picks:

Lost Girl/Orphan Black. Since both shows are probably set in Toronto, it would make sense that Kenzi & Feelix would know each other, since they both tend to live on the fringes of society. And since Kenzi has a long pre-Fae history as a grifter, I would imagine she might have worked a few cons with Sarah & Vick. Plus, I can only imagine how quickly Lauren would fall in love with Cosima & Delphine! (Bo could use her succubus powers to arrange a 4-way.)

Downton Abbey/Mr. Selfridge. Why wouldn't Cora, Mary, & Edith be shopping at Selfridge's when they're in London?

I always wanted to see what would've happened if Adrian Monk met Shawn Spencer from Psych.

Lost Girl/Supernatural. It would be a relatively short bit. But I think Bo & Kenzi should double-date the Winchester brothers. :p

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always wanted to see a Sopranos/L&O crossover. I'd love to see Jack McCoy shred Tony Soprano on the stand.

The Borgified Corpse likes this.
  3. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Buffy The Vampire Slayer & The Vampire Diaries/The Originals!

4. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    ^I haven't seen enough of The Vampire Diaries to imagine how that would play out.

While the timelines would never have worked, I'd like to see a legal showdown between Jack McCoy & Perry Mason. (Objectively, I think McCoy had better elocution skills and could tap dance circles around Mason in the courtroom. However, there's the pesky problem that Mason never once represented a guilty man, whereas McCoy has occasionally managed to prosecute an innocent one.)

Ever since I saw Danny Pudi's cameo in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I keep wondering what role Community's Troy & Abed played in helping to expose Hydra. Perhaps that's the real reason that Troy had to leave with LeVar Burton in Season 5.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I wanted to see John Munch appear in either Doctor Who or Torchwood. And, for that matter, I've wanted the TARDIS to land in The Tudors, Copper, Ripper Street, or Vikings.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

This isn't the LEAST bit ridiculous. It makes perfect sense; I can't understand why they haven't done it yet!

My ridiculous crossovers:
    Burn Notice/CSI Miami/ Dexter. They're all in Miami, at the same time. And, really, who wouldn't want to see Dexter take out the CSI Miami team, and then have Sam & Fiona wondering if they should pursue the vigilante or call Michael?

A brief Person of Interest/LOST crossover. God knows they've already had a virtual LOST reunion, with many of the cast members showing up on POI. I would love for The Machine to spit out 4 8 15 16 23 42, or have "Oceanic 815" as one of the planes noted by The Machine.

Supernatural/Doctor Who
    . Yes, I'm SuperWhoLocked. But I would love to see Dean run by an alley, past the Tardis, and return just in time to see it disappear--or have Castiel mention briefly "that Time Traveller usually handles these types of things."

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Full House and Walking Dead.

What?

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Both versions of BSG crossing over...with each other.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could see Sam and Dean terrorized by a weeping angel.

10. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

11. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    As mentioned in the Downton Abbey thread, I recently read a Downton Abbey/Firefly crossover. Seems that version of Earth was just a living laboratory set up by the same organization that experimented on River, and the Crawleys are but a few of the billions of lab rats in this planet-sized lab. Oh, and Isobel is one of the scientists who offers her own son as one of the lab rats who has no idea he's part of an experiment... Anyway, something goes wrong, and some of the Crawley household get rescued when Serenity happens by - they have to land so Kaylee can repair the engine (luckily Tom had something in the garage she could use) and then the bad guys show up... :p

One of the oddest crossovers I've seen was one with Murder, She Wrote and Keeping Up Appearances. Jessica Fletcher has to figure out who killed Hyacinth (nobody's really surprised it happened, but naturally no one wants to take the blame for it, either).

Of course there are lots of genre crossovers - The Crow: Stairway to Heaven/Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for one. There are lots of Highlander crossovers, which would work with pretty much any other show as long as you remember that Immortals can neither bear children nor father a child. Other Crow: STH crossovers I've seen have included La Femme Nikita, and I've got my own plans for crossovers with Doctor Who and Highlander: The Raven.

There's an excellent crossover between Stargate and I, Claudius on fanfiction.net.

My own ambition is to someday finish the crossover I started that uses The Handmaid's Tale and Sliders (in my version Arturo doesn't die and I plan to kill off Maggie - both versions).

I have a vague recollection of a Battlestar Galactica/Bonanza crossover. I'll have to check my fanzine collection.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Star Trek/Here Comes the Brides. ;)

Turtletrekker, sbk1234 and Kilana2 like this.
  13. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

- I wouldn't want to derail its current storytelling momentum, but it'd be awesome if Agents of SHIELD could do a one-off ep of an investigation of a potential "gifted" amongst the Muppet troupe. To see Coulson and Kermit playing mismatched detective-buddies, with the traditional ignoring of Muppets' unreal weirdness, would be all kinds of awesome. :bolian:

- Indiana Jones and Rick O'Connell were probably born no more than a few years apart, though Ford has some 25 years on Fraser, but a comics crossover could be pretty cool:

[​IMG]

[LEFT]- A Boston Legal crossover with pretty much anyone might be pretty great. Maybe Glee? Alan and Denny could road-trip to Lima to represent the New Directions in a case... and Denny/Shatner could drop by the choir room to show the younguns the wonders of spoken-word song covers. :rommie:

... Or, failing that, Alan Shore could drop in on an SVU ep. Imagine a Spader/Belzer snark-off!

- Lastly, surely we all remember Wishbone? Time for a relaunch! Just think of all the new literature the little mutt could introduce PBS audiences and his high-school human friends to...

[​IMG]

:devil:

[/LEFT]

14. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Supernatural/True Blood crossover. I want Dean and Sam to go to Bon Temps and hunt those bloodsuckers.

NuBSG/Star Trek crossover. NuBSG being set in the ancient past of Earth and Star Trek being the future. A Federation Vessel discovering the last remaining Cylons.

Terra Nova/Firefly. Overpopulated earth leads to humans leaving earth either through space travel or wormhole.

Supernatural/Grimm crossover. Sam and Dean Winchester team up with Nick Burkhardt to hunt down the Wesen Council.

How i meet your Mother/The Big Bang Theory crossover. Sheldon annoys the hell out of Ted Mosby while stuck in a elevator.

Fringe/The Walking Dead crossover. The Zombie epidemic in TWD's world actually originated from a dimensional rift from the fringe universe or did it ?

15. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Grimm, Buffy, TVD!

16. auntiehill

You just stated the two required things for my reading any Sliders fic: that Arturo NOT die and Maggie be killed off.

To great shame, I will admit that I wrote fanfic. I only ever wrote three crossovers: The A-Team/ER, The Sentinel/Invisible Man and Sentinel/Jonathan Creek.

And if anyone questions me about that later, I will firmly deny it all! :lol:

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    The TOS novel Ishmael already took care of that. There's even a Doctor Who reference in that one.

I hated Maggie from the moment she turned up. And the show became crap the very first episode without Arturo.

There's a reference in the Handmaid's Tale novel in which the previous Offred kills herself by hanging. Since the previous Offred is never described physically, she could easily be an alternate-universe Maggie who gets captured and taken to the Red Center.

Obviously this fanfic would require a longer-than-usual stay in this particular universe. The idea is to have doubles of all the Sliders, and of course I'd be dealing with some of the Handmaid's Tale characters as well.

The challenge will be to give each character/double a story, and simultaneously write in the style of Margaret Atwood and a typical Sliders episode.

Why is that shameful? There are many fanfic stories that are just as good as, or better than, commercial fiction as far as enjoyment goes. There's someone on fanfiction.net who has written several novel-length fanfics about Chakotay and Seven, exploring various ways and reasons why they become a couple. I've stuck with that author for a long time now, looking forward to the new chapters. Contrast that with some of the Star Trek novels that I tried to get into and got bored with them around the third page.

The stories referenced in my sig are part of a series that's been ongoing since the print 'zines in the '80s. I used to correspond with the authors via snailmail since about 1985 or so. Now we post in a dedicated Valjiir thread on a computer gaming forum and I get to see the new artwork for the stories on the website.

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Alan Shore and Raymond Reddington together on a roundtable or town hall.

Will McAvoy moderates.

19. auntiehill

^I'd like to see Alan Shore defend Reddington in court.

20. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Nobody else would like to see the cast of cheesy sentimental three camera sitcoms duke it out in the zombie apocalypse?

Steve Urkel is working on using his DNA machine as a zombie cure. Then he gets eaten because can't bring himself to shoot zombie Laura. Or one of Jesse's twins gets bitten, and the other has to shoot him.