Restoring Film Cell

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Craggus2000, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Craggus2000

Craggus2000 Ensign Newbie

Hi all,
    New member here, but long time lurker....
    I wondered if anyone can help please, I am currently restoring a couple of Star Trek film cells to put up in my new office, and am trying to find a specific image to replace like-for-like in the frame. The original image has faded quite a bit. Does anyone know which episode this image of Kirk comes from? Or even, does anyone also have this picture (hi quality)? I thought initially it was from Charlie X as Kirk looks shirtless and smiling, but couldn't find that exact frame, unless someone knows better?!

[​IMG]

I'll be posting similar over in the movies forum, as have one of them to restore too!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks

publiusr likes this.
  2. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't have any cells but I agree with your assessment that it's from Charlie X and from some point in the sequences where Kirk is training Charlie to fight in the 1701 gym.

3. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, by the framing of the shot and the lighting, I'd say it's Kirk and Eve in his quarters in "Mudd's Women." Shatner never showed a toothy smile there, but it might be a cel from an outtake?

https://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x06hd/muddswomenhd340.jpg

EDIT: Correction, he does make a toothy smile when Eve mentions paragons. TrekCore did not have a still. And I must set up image hosting for that.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    ZapBrannigan likes this.
  4. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its definitely appears to be an outtake since in the episode her hands are different. This is close to what you are looking for:

[​IMG]

5. Craggus2000

Oh wow that looks almost perfect! If you are referring to the hands in my photo, that's a reflections of my fingers holding my phone...

6. Craggus2000

I've just found the exact shot, albeit it a little lower framed, which will work perfectly more me! Thanks @Metryq and @feek61 for the Mudd's Women pointer - I had mistaken the hand on his shoulder for his actual shoulder! Will now be able to crop it accordingly and get a replacement printed for my cell frame.

(Just a small bump on my movie cell thread, if anyone can help with that?)

Metryq likes this.
  7. Craggus2000

For completeness, here is my replacement image along with the complete frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Boffo!