Remember the first Star Trek episode you watched?

It was probably a TNG episode but the episodes i remember watching clearly for the first time was the VHS of Obsession / The Immunity Syndrome!

TNG - Relics

My older brother has the VHS and showed me it when I travelled to visit him.

That's for episodes. TOS movies 1-6 I saw many years earlier than that.

First TOS episode - The Cage

TOS - Tomorrow is Yesterday.

This was probably 1977, and I was either 8 or 9 years old. A friend and I kind of randomly came across it, and while we were confused because of the time travel element, we liked what we saw, and that was the start of many, many hours of watching Trek at his house.

It was either the TAS episode where they are visiting an underwater civilization and Kirk complains that the aliens gave him "fish fingers" (webbed hands)
Or Move along home from DS9.
I can't remember which one was earlier.

It was either QPid or Night Terrors. I remember really loving Q after I saw Qpid and looked forward to all the Q episodes after that (And the ones that I had missed). Night Terrors stands out as the first episode I was freaked out by at such a young age.

it's impossible for me to remember the first, but it is in all likely early season 1 that I could actually retain. Anything with Troi/Wesley taking a front seat.

I have a memory of telling the story that I remembered watching "The Man Trap" the night it premiered in 1966. I was 6 1/2. It very well could've happened that way, because I remember where I was (a home my family moved out of at the start of 1968) even the chair I was sitting in (one cut down to kid size by my carpenter grandpa). I know I was enough of a fan that I had one of the early U.S.S. Enterprise models with the lights in the "sensor domes" and the nacelle endcaps, and I think that version came out in 1967 or 1968.

Anyway, that's my story and I have no reason to abandon it at this late date.

TOS reruns in the mid-80s when I was 12 or 13. Can't remember which episode was the very first one I watched, but I do remember that A Taste of Armageddon was one of my favorites then and it still is.

I *think* that it was the UK premier of Encounter at Farpoint? Though I may have watched random TOS episodes beforehand which I forget the name of. I had *definitely* already seen The Search for Spock as it had it’s UK television premier around the time of TNG’s debut… on ITV I believe?

It was a rerun of Our Man Bashir, dubbed in Hungarian, back in the summer of 2002 when I was 12, on the day we moved into our new house. I was glued to the screen, even though I didn't quite understand at first that they were in a simulation and the people they were interacting with were the main cast. I instantly became a fan of Garak, and his and Worf-as-Duchamps' costumes gave me a lifelong fascination with aliens wearing contemporary human clothes.

Absolutely no idea. Probably either a TOS or a TAS episode, prior to TNG's run. I would have been quite young as TNG came out when I was 8.

No. But I do know it was a TOS episode, on laserdisc, at my grandparents' house when I was 8 or 9.

I smiled while reading your memory of those TOS laserdiscs—I still have my mine packed away in a storage unit. As I recall, I used to get a disc containing 2 episodes every month through some sort of Paramount video club.

I don't remember my first episode. Star Trek was before my time. One of the local TV stations would air Star Trek, Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica reruns after school (do local stations even do that anymore or is it all daytime talk shows and infomercials now?), and that's how I learned to love science fiction.

I do remember staying up last past my bedtime one Sunday night because the movie of the week on national TV was Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

TNG: Relics. This was the first episode I remember of TNG that I watched during its original run and intentionally from start to finish

DS9: Emissary (on premier, watched series on original run)

Voyager: Caretaker (on premier, watched series on original run)

I think my absolute earliest Star Trek memory of any kind was in the late 80's when I went to get a haircut with my dad and the barber had the TV on and a rerun of TOS was on...I think it was maybe The Ultimate Computer, Space Seed or Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

No idea, but definitely TOS. We'd suddenly stop playing football (soccer) at a certain point with our friends just to get home to watch it (only a few of us went home. lol.) It was always on at about 5 or 6 here in Europe. Then we'd watch it and go back out to play football again after . Great times.

No idea which episode, I've seen TOS too many times to recall which was my first. But it would have been a rerun of TOS in the very early 70s. I was 8 in 1966, I'm sure my parents wouldn't have watched the original broadcasts.

For me, the last act of "A Taste of Armageddon" came first. Followed by the teaser of "Space Seed." The first episode I actually saw in its entirety was "The Devil in the Dark." All in strip-syndication on KCOP, Channel 13. Another one I saw very early was "Operation: Annihilate."

If my first episode had been "The Man Trap," it would have almost certainly also been my last.

Back