[Relationships] Hi Ezri... (Ezri and Bashir)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by AlanAlias, May 28, 2015.

1. AlanAlias

AlanAlias Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

~~~~~~Relationships are complicated. Opinions too.~~~~~~​

Like me, Doctor Bashir is a handsome guy.
    handsome but childish,

that's maybe the reason Jadzia chose Worf over him.

But when Jadzia died, things changed.

~~~~~~A Wild Enzi Dax Appears! Doctor Bashir used Charming, It's Super Effective!~~~~~~​

Julian loved Jadzia. and he continued to love her, even after she died.
    and when Ezri came to the station, he knowed that, he needed to do something. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXnqZpGc1HI)

But, that's no the point. the point:

Do you think Ezri and Bashir are right for each other? do you think Ezri is a bad character?? Do you think I'm Crazy and should just shut my mouth up?

[​IMG]

2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's crystall clear that Ezri is not Jadzia. Julian couldn't win Jadzia's heart, but Ezri's. Jadzia and Worf were a good match. Ezri and Worf weren't.

In the litverse Ezri and Julian split up, but remain friends. Ezri becomes a captain and Julian dates Sarina Douglas.

Aside from the litverse: I don't think you are crazy. They were a nice couple. Unfortunately we so only saw so much of Ezri.

3. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

In theory, I would be fine with the Ezri-Bashir relationship, but one line ruins it: "If Worf hadn't come along, it would have been you." First, I don't know where that sentiment comes from as it seems there was no chemistry between Jadzia and Bashir. Second, it makes it seem as if Ezri's relationship is just the expression of lingering feelings Jadzia had for Bashir. Indeed, Ezri had problems separating herself from the feelings of her past hosts, which made her iteration of Dax more realistic than Jadzia's. However, after briefly reconnecting with Worf, I would have made for more interesting character development if she had struck out on some original direction. Indeed, it would have been nice is there were something uniquely Ezri.

4. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^i think she was just being nice to him

Bashir and Ezri were cute.

5. AlanAlias

AlanAlias Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I couldn't agree with you more! :bolian:

6. Hawkeye_90

Hawkeye_90 Lieutenant Red Shirt

This is going to sound vague and make me look really noobish. I have watched the series through only three to four times, but it seems to me that there were some episodes especially later in six and seven where ezri showed true feelings for bashir and vice versa. I don't think you can simply dismiss it and say its leftover feelings from dax. This doesn't add up because after season one and some of two Bashir stopped chasing Dax. She also stopped flirting with him. Yes Ezri at times did struggle especially in the beginning seperating herself from her past hosts, but she did I think succeed as time went on. Therefore I find it a bit weak to say that the relationship of Ezri and Bashir is not a true attraction between Ezri and Bashir verses Bashir and Jadzia Dax. I am sorry I am not making references to specific episodes.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

8. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved both Jadzia and Ezri.

The Worf/Jadzia relationship was nice, it brought out something more in Worf. I have to admit though, I would loved to have seen Jadzia and Bashir get together. He and Ezri were a cute couple though.

9. Disco

Disco Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just liked that Bashir got a girl and wasn't another Geordi.