Poll Rate the USS Discovery's looks

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by { Emilia }, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Rate Discovery's looks

1. A (Hawt!)

18.1%
  2. B (Nice!)

50.0%
  3. C (Looks hot only if I'm drunk)

18.8%
  4. D (Wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole!)

7.2%
  5. F (Kill it with a vacuum cleaner!!!)

5.8%
  1. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

So while human beings shouldn't be objectified and rated based solely on their looks, feel free to objectify the hell out of this ship.
    You will be able to change your vote as better images of the ship become available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Balok's Decoy likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I voted “B (Nice!)”, because I come to really like the design. It's bulky, angular and has some retro elements to it, which for me make up much of its charm. I wasn't a fan at first, especially with those nacelles they gave her originally. Upon first seeing it I thought it lacked grace and elegance, which is still true, but I guess her looks are an acquired taste. It wasn't a love at first sight, but I think I'll end up seeing it as one the boldest designs in Trek and hence one of my favorites. Looking forward to seeing Discovery in action. :techman:

For those wanting to take a closer look, here's concept art of the approved design of the ship:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

It is growing on me......was NOT a fan to start with even though I knew what it was based off of. Definitely better than the way it looked in that first trailer from last year.

RedAlert likes this.
  4. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Hawt, prefer the non gap version and freaking LURVE the Shenzhou though.

pst likes this.
  5. Ridcully

Ridcully Commodore Commodore

Well I think it looks very Star Trek'ish!
    Interesting looks, I love spaceships alot, but I also like when they do stuff alittle different.
    It is not ugly like Voyager, the flying iron!

And somehow I actually thinks it looks older than the Enterprise.

6. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really hated the original design and I have to admit that it has improved considerably. I'm still not sold on it though and I really dislike how the bottom of the secondary hull looks. However, the ship looks much better in the pictures from aboveish. So grudging C, I guess (we are talking about really drunk here, though.)

7. Kaelef

Kaelef Captain Captain

It's growing on me, too. My biggest problem with it now is that, other than the basic layout, it doesn't fit in with the designs of the ships that came before or after it. Its flatness and sharp angles aren't Starfleet as we've known it.

8. Ridcully

Dunno...I can see something is the sweeping wing that will be used on the refitted Enterprise, the round saucer.
    Alittle of the coming medical ships....like the one Dr Crusher had in the future!
    And so on!

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If I was another starship, I would definitely invite Discovery over for wine, cheese and "socializing". :shifty:

10. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voted HAWT!!!! The only thing that kinda bugs me every now and then, is the uniforms. But mostyl, this show looks like it's lit!!

RedAlert likes this.
  11. Ridcully

Love dem uniforms!
    First trek uniform that I actually like, the rest looks like sleeping clothes :D

12. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

This thread is only about the ship's looks, though. ;)

saddestmoon, KennyB and Ridcully like this.
  13. Ridcully

:D But....haha love the golden colour of the ship!

14. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

I think she looks ugly, but look isn't the important thing about a starship. She needs to have... character. She needs to stand for something, to represent something... something good. A ship that allows our characters to make a difference (for the better), a Ship that allows them (and us) to see the wonders of the universe. If the writers do something like that and let the characters build a connection to the ship, the viewers will build a connection to her as well, no matter how she looks.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Kaelef and Ridcully like this.
  15. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Just counting windows AND assuming those windows stand for a floor on a deck for each row, the delta portion of the ship looks about 6 to 8 stories tall at it's deepest part with that center part on the bottom. And very long. It would seem this could could literally hold thousands of people, or store large amounts of cargo or something. Which would also make the saucer section frigging enormous.

Hotel in space? Troop carrier? Cargo ship? Or, the windows are just window dressing and don't give a proper image of the size.

I don't particularly care for either the delta wing or the missing sections in the saucer, but I haven't seen it in the show in action yet. It's just to early for me to make judgements.

16. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where did you find those?!?!?! Makes me love this ship even more!!!

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Discovery's nacelles are too long for my liking, but otherwise it looks okay. I give it a Meh.

Don't much care for the interior, though. Too damn blue.

Kevin Wolff likes this.
  18. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

B - Nice

I like the ship design, although I wish it was less aerodynamic

19. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I voted "Nice" and I think it will look better in action. Would not have been my first choice, but that's why I'm not in charge :D

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually liked the Discovery better in the first teaser trailer.