Ramirez Class Scoutship (Pre-TNG)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Soran77, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Soran77

Soran77 Commander Red Shirt

So I did this ship years ago, shoddy textures and all, but with a little rework it looks really good!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Neat little boat you've got there. :mallory::bolian:

Soran77 likes this.
  3. The Green Monster

The Green Monster Admiral Admiral

Cute. I think it looks like it came out during the middle of TNG's run. It looks like it has elements of the Nova Class and appears closer to the Intrepid than the Ambassador class.

4. BK613

BK613 Commodore Commodore

I really like it :techman: but I would resize or nix the docking ports; they don't match the scale indicated by the size of the windows and escape pods.

5. The Green Monster

The Green Monster Admiral Admiral

It depends on the nature of the docking access. It looks like it may only lead to the middle deck (of the three rows of windows). It could be just for a space station, not a shuttlecraft.

6. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Pretty cool ship! Although I must agree with the comments that the docking ports could be smaller.

Can you give us the dimensions, number of decks, weapons suite, and approximate crew complement, please?

7. Soran77

Well I know the registry doesn't match up with that, so I decided to make it pre TNG, but honestly I do know registry numbers don't really ever match up in canon.

What escape pods? This ship only has 2 and they match the size of the docking ports, if you're speaking about the hexagons on the bottom of the ship those are not escape pods. I feel like they could be landing struts

Yes, that 'bay' in the center could fit one small shuttle, but it's mainly for cargo, and that's why the docking ports are larger.

6 Decks, Just the upper phaser array for utility purposes (It's not designed for combat of any sort) 19 to 30 crew

8. Santaman

Hmm.. does this thing have a landing gear? A ship like that would be great to use as base camp, easier to park than most other ships...

Soran77 likes this.
  9. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

This is a cool little design. It reminds me of a larger version of Paul Lloyd's USS Coyote [DeviantArt link].

Soran77 and Molech-ular like this.
  10. Soran77

Yes, I don't have the original model anymore, but it may be on my Warehouse page, It is up on my sketchfab page, but getting the model back through sketchfab is a pain in the arse, it's a raw .obj so all the components are merged

11. Sgt_G

Just personal opinion, but based off the crew rosters I have drafted, even with no weapons to speak of, 30 crew is on the low end of what I consider to be viable for 24/7 operations. I'd be happier with a crew of 50-60. Anything under 45 or so means the ship/crew won't be able to stand long missions and would have to return to base for R&R / resupply after about 4-6 weeks.

Soran77 likes this.
  12. Santaman

Still nice to know it could be parked somewhere on a planet. :mallory: It's something in the shape of the ship that made me think of it.

Soran77 likes this.
  13. Soran77

It's a scoutship, so I mean I wasn't thinking it'd have more crew than the defiant, and the defiant had a crew of around 50 and was based at a space station

14. Soran77

Since there was much interest in this I decided to revamp it and make it closer to the intrepid class, basically a precursor to that class.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spaceship Jo and BK613 like this.
  15. Soran77

There were so many mesh errors I had to correct on this thing it took me three hours just for that.

16. Soran77

17. Sgt_G

I like symmetry, so I would put a docking port on each side. Other than that, it looks GREAT!!

Soran77 likes this.
  18. BK613

BK613 Commodore Commodore

Like the updates version:techman:

Soran77 likes this.
  19. Soran77

Acting captains log: "Lt. Cmdr Markus Flynn reporting, we've been on this deserted planet for 6 weeks, after a catastrophic warpcore failure Lt. Kelnon was able to land us safely here, when we landed it seemed to be fall time, now we are in the dead of winter and cannot get repairs underway. Ensigns Jules and Stein were able to restore main power and life support, but we aren't going anywhere, communications are also out as we cannot penetrate through the storm"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spaceship Jo, Psion, Gore-ac and 5 others like this.
  20. Sgt_G

Should have landed in the southern Hemisphere, where it would be Springtime.

BK613 and Soran77 like this.