Quick Question

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by siskokid888, Mar 23, 2017.

1. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    Quick question (and if this is already being discussed somewhere let me know) but did Cawley's bunch think about getting together with the "Continues" crew and approaching CBS to be appointed the "official" fan film outlet? They could give CBS final approval on their productions and maybe still be allowed to make films as long as CBS gives the ok. Anyone consider this?

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

CBS will never officially recognize or license any fan films.

Firebird and Potemkin_Prod like this.
  3. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    I'm sure there's good reason for that. Nonetheless, until the Axanar situation, CBS was pretty generous with the fan productions. And Cawley did give a little help towards gaining acceptance for the first Abrams film, and they lent the Enterprise production some of their retro props for the "mirror" episodes, so it wasn't strictly a one way street. Could it have hurt to ask?

4. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

If I recall correctly, "Continues" was sparked by a falling out between Vic MIgnona and the Cawley group.

5. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was evidently a dispute over the rights to the "Kitumba" footage, but I didn't think that was the main impetus for Continues. It sort of sprang from Vic's involvement with Farragut, didn't it?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  6. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

In any case, I don't think joint efforts were in the cards.