Questions about Michael Martin's The Needs of The Many

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Paris, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I recently heard about this book in another thread, and I was curious about it. From what i've heard, it's supposed to come out in March 2010 as will be a tie-in for the upcoming Star Trek Online game.

Does anyone know if the book will the first of a planned line or if the book will just be a one-off?

Does anyone know when it will take place? I know that the STO post-Nemesis timeline diverges from the Pocket post-Nemesis timeline...Will this book cover the whole period from 2379-2409 or just a portion of it?

2. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We had a thread on this a month or so ago, and the end result was, that nobody really knows anything about it, other than that it is listed by online retailers. :shrug:

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I expect that the answer to that question will depend on how well it sells.

Nobody knows yet, but I'd guess it will be set in the game's timeframe. The whole "Path to 2409" stuff online strikes me as just a supplementary promotional thing to hold people's attention while the game is being developed; I don't expect it to be all that important to the actual game. Since this book is the first prose tie-in to the game, I would expect it to focus on the milieu of the game itself. Though of course I'm just guessing.