Question on Prophecy and Change?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Man of Steel, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What everyone's opinion on this book?

Worth getting?

And if you didn't see the episode/s the stories are based on will you be lost or are these pretty much stand alone stories..

2. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. It's a fantastic collection of stories that tie up some of the few major loose ends/logic problems/inconsistencies of the series and delves into the hearts and minds of the characters.

2. It's worth getting.

3. As with most Star Trek prose from Pocket Books, the stories can be understood with just a knowledge of the characters and setting, but your enjoyment of them will be enhanced by knowledge of relevant episodes. Since there are timeline placements included for each story, I would recommend reading the Memory Alpha summaries of the listed episodes to place the story in context if you don't remember them.

3. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Absolutely worth getting.

4. 21Spike65

21Spike65 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree that it's worth getting. It was probably my favorite short story anthology along with Tales of the Dominion War.

5. frkcd

frkcd Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A great read. One of the first things I bought when I took the plunge and tried my first Trek fiction in 2004. It contains, in my opinion, the best Trek Lit short story ever written: "Face Value" by Una McCormack. This collection is worthy your money.

Donnie

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Prophecy&Change is definitely worth getting there's alot of excellent stories featuring the different characters in the series.:techman:

7. Jbarney

Jbarney Captain Captain

While I won't offer the level of praise the previous posters offered, I will agree that it is worth getting. There are a few real gems in there, but having just read it there were a few duds as well. It IS worth getting though.

8. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

It's worth getting ten copies, at full price.

9. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Evil.

But true.