Question for Christopher Bennet

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Garak234, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Garak234

Garak234 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Can a channeling successfully assume the form of an Agni from ST CO(Captains Oath)?

https://www.trekbbs.com/members/christopher.295/
    Btw I loved that book and I hope that some of its content eventually makes it into Alpha cannon in future ST series.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think you mean a Changeling? Darn auto(in)correct...

Given that Changelings are able to take on forms that can exist in space (cf. "Chimera"), it's plausible that they could adopt the form of a hyperthermophilic (hot-planet) species. Though we think of space as cold, it can also get extremely hot in direct sunlight with no atmosphere to absorb or dissipate heat.

A better question is, could a Changeling adopt the form of a Vendorian disguised as a Chameloid impersonating an Allasomorph? (Imitating Elvis?)

nightwind1 and Garak234 like this.
  3. Garak234

Would you like to answer more questions please?
    What happened to the technology left behind by the Agni on their home world and was it ever retrieved?

4. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Elvis? Elvis who? Elvis Costello? Elvis Stojko? Elvis Schmiedekamp? Elvis Stahr?

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Elvis Costello is, of course, the correct answer.

Daddy Todd likes this.
  6. Garak234

In sum use psionic shapeshifting methods rather then the usual changeling methods. Depends on if the similar psionic methods can be merged(since there probably not so different).

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Isn't there already a thread for asking novelists questions? I don't want to hog a whole one for myself.

I honestly don't remember much about that storyline. Skimming the novel, it looks like I was vague about what rendered their planet uninhabitable and how long ago it was. But I described its environment as geologically mutable enough that anything left behind for more than a few years would probably deteriorate or be destroyed. They probably salvaged whatever was useful when they left.

Maybe nobody else here is old enough to get my allusion: https://looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bugs_Bunny_Show_Episode_6#Tune_Tussle:_Bugs_and_Yosemite_Sam

Elwro likes this.
  8. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I vaguely remember The Bugs Bunny Show, although mainly I get my Warners cartoon fix uncut. And it rather irritates me that Robert McKimson's Dog Tales ("This is a Doberman Pinscher . . . this is Doberman. And what does a Doberman Pinscher do? [OUCH!]") has apparently never been included on any DVD. (It is, however, on Dailymotion.)

Hmm. Dog Tales includes an Elvis gag ("I ain't nothin' but a hound dog"). Not as memorable as the pointer/setter/"point-setter" gag, though.