Punky Brewster TV Sequel in the Works

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Hollywood Reporter

Eventually everything will be revived, rebooted or remixed or whatever.

2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Whaaat. I loved Punky Brewster when I was a kid. I know everything is being rebooted lately, but this one I definitely did not expect.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No. No. No.

Just no.

I hated watching it as a child (My sister loved it) and just no.

Plus it will be 2020, they can't have a creepy old guy just randomly take in a teenage girl. Unless that random old guy is Joe Biden. Hmmm... I might be onto something.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds interesting. Punky Brewster was my first tv crush as a kid. Wonder if adult Punky will still have her cool fashion sense. At least let her wear her shoes like she use to.

Jason

Qonundrum likes this.
  5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Assuming the guy passed all his background checks isn't it a condemnation of our current culture that we'd rather see a little girl thrown into the foster system than have a stable home in a slightly unusual situation?

cardinal biggles and Qonundrum like this.
  6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here. Threw me for a bit of a loop.

7. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

The original TV show was pretty fun.We watched it as a family. Not sure I would want to look up old episodes, so many shows I thought were great at the time I've found and watched and wondered what the heck was I believing in liking that tripe...

But I digress. The cartoon that sprung from it was... well, it definitely wasn't for me.

A reboot? Why? Are they going to throw in any actor or will they try to find people that have chemistry with each other as well as pulling out some zest into the scripts, assuming any was put into the scripts? Like DSC's effenheimer-as-cheap-thrill? Will all the scripts just be lifted or will there be some original content as well? Like that All in the Family special, it's just not 1970 anymore so pretending it is save for the occasional word like "Nixon", it's not going to fit in too neatly.

8. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

That might make for a fun spinoff, they could take and continue the life action show in any number of directions if handled with some deftness. Deftness that takes a special kind of talent.

9. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Is there some groundswell of fan interest sparking this?

Really, who is asking for Punky Brewster: The Next Generation?

10. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

With so many ways reboots like this can go wrong, and so little ways for them to turn out right, you'd think they would only risk reboots for properties that people are really clamoring for.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, why not? We don’t live in a time of limited outlets for TV so it’s not necessarily taking a slot that could’ve gone to something better and I’m sure there’s some people that wouldn’t mind revisiting it.

Now me, I only saw the show because I had to share the TV with my sister back in those days when we only had one TV. Then again due to her I get references to Full House, Saved by the Bell and so on lol

Turtletrekker likes this.
  12. Tuvix5675

Tuvix5675 Commander Red Shirt

Same here, loved her as a kid. Years later, her real life dad was a patient of mine, I thought I might meet her if she came by to visit, but it never happened.

13. bigdaddy

Saved By The Bell should come back again!

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fuller House is Ending. :)

I never finished the original Sabrina.

Soleil Moon Frye was supporting in the last three seasons.

Bugger.

15. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Please don't say that. Someone might think it's a good idea.

If so, that's good news. Besides, whats-her-face might end up in prison and John Stamos always some trouble popping up.

16. bigdaddy

It's a great idea, Degrassi TNG is now on TNNNNNG. Zac can be the principal and married to what's her name who is now a teacher.

What's her face is never going back on a TV series as long as she lives, jail or no jail and it looks like jail for her.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just finished the Passage. Which had Zack from Saved by the bell as a vampire slaughtering Solider Boy. Not bad at all. :)

Zack Morris can control space and time, but he only ever used those powers to pause reality and talk to us, Those abilities should be explored and explained.

18. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

You should not Universal's Series app. It is a Choose Your Own Adventure style game that lets you play through new episodes of television shows and movies. I've been playing the Saved By the Bell section/game (a story in which a 2019 Bayside student gets transported back in time while Screech gets transported to 2019), and the writers weren't hesitant to use and call out the show's bizarre elements.

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think half of you even read the article. It's following Punky as an adult .