Prometheus

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Herkimer Jitty, May 7, 2011.

1. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How'd they fit all those 302s in there?

They got one of those vacuum bags from the TV commercials that pack your shirts and pants down to a wafer-thin size? How'd they get those to work for a starfighter?

2. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know what the official size of the Prometheus is (since it was never said on screen that I recall), but those 302s aren't that big, and the hangar bay is quite huge. I don't think they ever defined it well enough to cause any continuity issues like they had with Trek ships like Voyager.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Mass effect technology.

Wait, wrong franchise. Dammit!

4. Herkimer Jitty

It's bigger on the inside.

5. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

The 303 can only carry 8 F-302s, 4 in each hangar bay. If you are referring to the large amount seen in Lost City Part 2, there were also a bunch stationed at McMurdo.

6. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

Yeah it was confusing becuase Hammond did say that he couldn't take them in becuase of the shields or something, so they would have to land at McMurdo.
    I believe the prometheus had more than just 2 bays.

7. Herkimer Jitty

It seems to me that at first the Prometheus just had the one bay to begin with (the big, obvious one at the base of the tower) and that the two pod bays were added later (what, with the pods being mostly glowy hyperdrive stuff at the time).

8. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

I think the 'pod bays' were a CGI goof, and we just ended up with F-302's flying out of the hyperdrive thruster thingys.

9. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Not quite a goof. The Prometheus's last appearance had an updated CG model where the hyperspace pods had been changed to 302 bays with actual doors and stuff, but that threw off the scale and made the ship twice as big as it had been.