Spoilers Prometheus: Der Ursprung allen Zorns / The Root of All Rage by Perplies & Humberg Review Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Jinn, Aug 17, 2016.

?

Rate Prometheus: Der Ursprung allen Zorns

1. Outstanding

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Above Average

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Average

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Below Average

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Indeed, my totally real brother will attest.

2. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm finding this book a little frustrating (I have about two hours to go in the audiobook; they've just got to Bharatrum). Kromm was minutes away from massacring unarmed civilian personnel and has engaged in over-the-top torture, and Adams's attitude toward him is still, "Geeze, those Klingons, what pests, eh? I guess we all have to get along here. Do that again, Kromm, and I will write you a strongly worded letter!" No matter what Kromm does, Adams treats him the exact same way; no wonder Kromm doesn't respect him, because I don't either.

SheliakBob and Dimesdan like this.
  3. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just posted my review of this one (the English translation). I'm definitely enjoying this story, and I'm looking forward to book 3. There's a little bit of "middle book syndrome," which is unfortunate, but overall I'm digging where things are going.

Feliz Navidad likes this.
  4. Bernd Perplies

Bernd Perplies Writer Red Shirt

A little late but not too late for book 3. Iad ist pronounced like Ian, yes. If you like to pronounce it like we do in Germany you should read Ee-udd.

5. Bernd Perplies

Bernd Perplies Writer Red Shirt

What would you propose he should do? Kromm is misbehaving (at least from a Federation point of view), that's true. But he did not kill anybody (he just was about to and in this case the Prometheus was ready to strike against him). There is little Adams can do. He can't fight Kromm, because that would mean provocing the Klingon Empire. He can't send him home, because he has not the authority. And just have a look at real world politics. It is not that easy to control or punish officials from other countries without provocing a major crisis.

6. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I expect him to do something clever and unexpected, like the best Star Trek captains. I can't imagine, say, Kirk or Picard or even Archer putting up with this.

Dimesdan likes this.
  7. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That’s right, book 3 is out soon. Better pre order it.

8. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is there a review/discussion thread for book 3 yet? I can't seem to find it, but sometimes the search function doesn't want to cooperate with me. I just want to make sure there isn't already a thread before I go ahead and start another one.

Jinn likes this.
  9. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

I couldn't find one either.

10. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got the third book in the mail today. Can’t wait to read it.

Jinn likes this.