Prison Break Limited Series In Development at Fox

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

http://tvline.com/2015/06/02/prison-break-revival-limited-series-fox-wentworth-miller

How's that possible? Wentworth Miller's character died in the series finale. Flashback? His death was faked? Sarah Wayne Callies character "died" and they brought her back so I guess they'll go with the fake death route again.

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

"When there's no more room in cells, then the dead will walk the Earth."
    -- Prison Break of the Dead

Just like the other Dead movies were commentaries of existing social issues, this one will address overcrowding in prisons through the lens of flesh-eating undead.

Plus, Sarah Wayne Callies got turned into a zombie... in a prison. She and Miller can be reunited over their shared love of human flesh. Cross-network synergy.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I never watched it. The question I have is how will this work with both of them working together as Captain Cold and Heat Wave on the CW's Legends of Tomorrow?

I guess Legends is only a short season at this point. I guess it could be scheduled around their other show. The timing of this is interesting. Makes you wondering if working together again on The Flash lead to this.

I would like to see FOX revive their other series with Dominic Purcell - JOHN DOE!

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I thought I was the only John Doe fan. Purcell was very good in it, I haven't liked him as much in anything else as in it.

The two of them being in LOT probably makes it easier for the makers of this new Prison Break than if they'd been involved in different projects. Their schedule will presumably be similar. And if Prison Break is following in 24: Live Another Day's mould, it'll probably be filmed and aired at a different time than most full-running shows.

IIRC, we never saw Michael die but he had some sort of brain tumour, then we saw his gravestone in the final episode. The dreadful and unnecessary movie that followed the show (but was set after most of the events of the final episode and before its final scene) revealed that he died breaking Sarah out of jail. But, like I say, we didn't see the death. So I reckon the rest of the gang will discover that the government lied about his death and he's alive but in a supermax prison. Cue a reunion to spring him.

Prison Break had 2 great seasons (the first was near flawless) and 2 poor to so-so ones. So I'm treating this with caution. However, if they're bringing back Michael, it will undo the bad taste left by the last episode and follow up movie, if done right. Fingers crossed.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I loved Prison Break a great deal. I loved all four seasons, even. I would love to see it return. I do remember that ending movie being pretty lame though.

6. Enterprise is Great

Legends of Tomorrow is just 15 episodes I think. Miller and Purcell could squeeze in Prison Break between filming LoT's first and second season (I'm assuming that it'll get renewed easily). It'll be tight but could be done.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We are getting 6 episodes of X-Files and they are both incredibly busy with a few different shows. So this shouldn't be an issue.

And I'm shocked with all this talk of TV shows coming back fans on this board aren't going "FIREFLY!!!!! BRING IT BACK NOW!!!!' more often.

8. Enterprise is Great

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Can't wait! I'm one of the few who enjoyed all four seasons. Though I recall the ending being a little limp. I loved Season Three though.

10. Enterprise is Great

Mr Light likes this.
  11. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Interesting. Looks like Purcell and Miller can squeeze this in.

I never finished the show.

I loved John Doe and that's how I remember Purcell. As much as I'd like to see a revival, it's probably too late and the show runners already revealed their plans anyway.

12. Enterprise is Great

[SIZE=6]Sarah Wayne Callies, Amaury Nolasco Returning - http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/p...-callies-amaury-nolasco-returning-fox-revival

Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar also returning - http://tvline.com/2016/03/17/prison-break-robert-knepper-rockmond-dunbar-revival-cast-t-bag-c-note/

The revival season will be nine episodes.

[/SIZE]

Mr Light likes this.
  13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yeah, sounds a little like how I predicted it would unfold (not that it was particularly hard to guess, obviously).

Delighted to see that Sucre, C-Note and, above all, T-Bag will be back. Hopefully Mahone next. And please let the script and plot be on a par with seasons 1 or 2.

14. Enterprise is Great

15. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

They wrapped up everything so well at the end of the series that I never bothered watching the follow up movie.

Seems like it wasn't very good. What was the plot?

16. Enterprise is Great