Prince's 3 New Albums

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Vasquez Rocks, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Vasquez Rocks

Vasquez Rocks Commodore Commodore

I remember there being a few Prince fans on here and was wondering if anyone else besides me will be getting his new albums coming out this Sunday. For those who don't know, he's putting out 3 albums - LotusFlow3r, MPLSoUND and Elixer exclusively at Target only. All three come together for the price of $11.98. Pretty good deal IMO. Now this is in the U.S. so I don't know what the price will be everywhere else.

I've heard four of the songs off of LotusFlow3r a few months ago on another site and three of them sounded really great. One of them is a cover of Crimson and Clover which I loved. This album is supposed to be more rock heavy while MPLSoUND is the funk album. Elixer is his new protégé Bria Valente's album which he plays on.

Also, he'll be performing live on Leno tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. I assume he'll be doing a song off of each album for each night. :bolian:

2. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Big time Prince fan here..my five favorite prince songs??

Thunder
    Elephants and Flowers
    So What is The Question of You
    Electric Chair
    When Doves Cry

Rob

3. Vasquez Rocks

I love Question Of U. I heard him in concert perform that one and he kind of mixed it with The One and it sounded awesome. My favorite songs by him are:

Joy In Repetition
    Purple Rain
    Electric Intercourse
    Dolphin
    I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man

4. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Those are ALL good choices. I have seen him in concert three times..the first time all the way back in 1981..then again right before PURPLE RAIN came out..and then again during the SIGN'O'TIMES tour...

And I thought his SUPERBOWL halftime show, in the fricking rain even, kicked ass..

Rob

5. Vasquez Rocks

Yeah, I loved that Super Bowl performance. I've only seen him twice in concert. In 1998 and 2004. Absolutely amazing experiences. I really hope he goes on tour this year.

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Prince fan here.

Hell yeah, I'm buying those albums.
    I've heard several tracks off them already and they're bad ass, especially "Colonized Mind".

I can't pick just 5 Top Prince jams!!

Joy in Repitition(the original recording)
    G-Spot
    Data Bank
    Starfish & Coffee
    Ballad of Dorothy Parker
    Elephants & Flowers(I guessed your trivia question about this one, remember Robert? I was also the only one that guessed you screen name correctly too.)
    The Dance
    The Word

7. exodus

I've been to several types of concerts from TOOL to Pearl Jam to Earth, Wind & Fire. There is no questioning Prince as a live entertainer. I've seen him about 5 or 6 times now. One of the best was a promo tour for the "Come" CD at what was NYC's Paladium. I was 3 rows from center stage. It's not until you get that close, you real see how little he really is.

Nona Gay & Lenny Kravitz joined him on stage that night too.

8. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

yes, I do remember exodus. Good to see you again and yes I got your request...

Man, I love your list too! I like Prince because he does so much trippy stuff but also straight forward songs too...And some of this guitar runs are just amazing. Did you see him at the Grammys I think, two years ago, jamming on stage with other guitarist like Tom Petty and others? PRINCE blew them all away..!!!

We might see him in Vegas. In fact, if it works out, we will see him and then, gasp, Barry Manilow the same night...what mix that will be!!!

Rob

9. exodus

Please tell me Barry is for the wifey and not you.:lol:

I remember years ago during the MTV music awards(Prince realeased the Diamonds & Pearls CD that year) they were interviewing other musical artists from Aerosmith to like N'Synch and a question they were all asked was: "Who are you looking forward to seeing perform tonight?" They all replied: "Prince!"

I don't care what the pubilc or critics think or say about him, there is no greater honor than to be praised & admired by your peers. I think you have to admire someone with the creative freedom to make the straight foreward hit to pay the bills that then allows him to then to make the trippy stuff he really wants without having to worry will it be a commercial hit.

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

yes I DO remember that MTV interview. I was going to mention but thought I was the only one who remembered...

It is ironic, that after all these years, he turned out to be somewhat normal and his counterpart, the King of Pop, turned out the way he did...amazing..

Yeah...Wifey will only let me go see Prince if I take her to see Manilow. We saw his show last year and, for some dude who has to be in his 60s, his show was fun. The best part? WE GOT TO SIT DOWN!!!...At my two Prince concerts I bet I sat ten minutes at each one....I better start working out in order to increase my endurance!!!

Rob

11. exodus

Wow, only 3 Prince fans here.

You know more than half of you mofo's bought his "Batman" soundtrack.:p

Wait, how could I forget to add the all time greatest Prince song ever created to my list: P Control!:lol:

Don't know it, download it.;)

12. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Actually...one of my favorite PRINCE songs comes from BATMAN soundtrack..ELECTRIC CHAIR...

Rob

13. exodus

I dig "The Future" remix.

14. Vasquez Rocks

Love Electric Chair and The Future. I haven't heard the remix version of The Future though, but I remember buying the Batman album around the time the movie came out. I always thought it was cool that they got Prince. I can still remember watching the video premiere of Batdance on MTV. :D Also, I have a confession, I like The Arms of Orion. :shifty: :o

Did you guy's see him last night on Leno? He was funky as hell. Loved the set with the jellyfish hanging from the ceiling. :lol:

My guess is tonight he'll do a song off of Elixer and then Friday LotusFlow3r.

15. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I didn't even know he was on...is he on again tonight??? I'll check out YOUTUBE for last night's stuff..

Rob

16. Vasquez Rocks

Yep, he's going to be on tonight and Friday. I taped it so I didn't have to sit through Leno's show.

17. exodus

Jack Nickelson requested Prince for Batman from what I read. He's a big fan, just like Kirstie Alley.

Saw it on YouTube.
    The preformance had a very P-Funk feel to it.

I heard the CD's are Target exclusives, is that true?

18. Vasquez Rocks

Yeah, they're only at Target. He does have it for download on his site. I think it's a subscription fee of $77 which gives you the albums and supposedly other songs, and access to videos and concert seating or something. I'm not entirely sure though. I did hear that if you download the album from the site you don't get Crimson and Clover. That's a Target exclusive. For myself, I'm just getting it at Target on Sunday for $11.98. That's good enough for me.

19. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Me too...I just got some BOSE headsets..can't wait to hear them in them...

Rob

20. exodus

Unfortunately, I live in a State county where retail stores are closed on Sunday by law.:(