Predator 3?? With Arnuld??? Maybe... Hope, hope!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PKerr, Sep 24, 2008.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Anyway, while talking to him today, he gave us updates on whether or not they’ll be another “Aliens vs. Predator” movie, what’s up with “Jason and the Argonauts,” and his take on a “Sims” movie – which is based on the very popular video game.

The quick info is that “AVP” is dead, but we might get another “Predator” movie after Arnold leaves office."

"
    You were also involved with AVP and AVPR, which are two great franchises, but they haven’t been able to work as a joint franchise. When are we going to see them go separate? Or are we going to see a third AVP?

John Davis: Well, the Governor has mentioned to me that when he ceases to be Governor, if he doesn’t run for the Senate and all of that stuff, he’d like to do a movie or two again. And I don’t know, maybe we could restart the Predator franchise.

So if Arnold wanted to do it, it’s going to get made?

John Davis: Well we’d have to come up with a really good script and a really great angle on it, but Predator was the first movie I was ever involved with, so it’s always going to have a really soft spot in my heart.

So is the AVP franchise on hold for now?

John Davis: I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator .

How do you see the character that Arnold plays to that franchise?

John Davis: I don’t know yet. But I think Predator is a great character and a great monster."

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/interviews/article.asp/aid/9244/tcid/1

So the AVP movies are dead.
    I can't say I'm happy about that but what a way to ruin a great idea.

The AVP movies should have taken place well into the future and not on Earth.

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

well, thats all well and good, but it's very possible that Pred 3 could be a direct sequel to AVP:R

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I really would have loved to see Robert Rodriguez' "Predators" as Predator 3, but that'll never happen now - not least because if it did it'd be slammed as "Predator Vs Pirates Of The Caribbean"

4. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

It doesn't sound like Arnold would do it at all. It said that he told this Mr. Davis that if he isn't doing something else then maybe he'll make a couple of movies, then Davis says that he personally would like to make anew Predator.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was an idea a while back about Schwarzenegger facing off against Glover, but obviously that wouldn't work now.

6. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    "Logically done what we could with the two AvP movies"?!?!?!!

Yeah.

If you're a retarded mongoloid who couldn't write a Depends commercial without having a coniption fit.

This is one of the both funniest and saddest things I have read all year.

The fuckwits in charge of the AvP films should be sacked from Hollywood and be forced to clean sewer drains in Bombay.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Arnold- I need a vacation......

Glover- I'm gettin too old for this shit

Or maybe bring Adam Baldwin ;)

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun fact, in AVP2, Robert Joy's character (the mysterious government suit who seemed to know an awful lot) was originally supposed to be Adam Baldwin's Predator 2 character.

9. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Whatever they do with Predator or Alien, they should always hire first or second time directors who have little idea of what they are doing. :rolleyes:

10. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My thoughts exactly.
    Both franchises have a great deal of great stories left in them and the idiots in charge come up with what the did? :rolleyes:

11. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although I doubt we'll see Arnold in another Predator movie IF it does come to be, I'll be sure to see it :D.

12. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I didn't know there was a second Predator movie. Shows you how much I pay attention. Thinking on this for a while, though, it's hard to see how they could improve on the first film.

13. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

So, no-were to go with the AVP franchise? :cardie:

Well, I guess that set-up for the formation of Weyland-Yutani and the possible prequel to ALIEN explaining how they knew exactly what was on the derelict and that it was worth the effort to divert the Nostromo.

Hardly like the translated message would be "Keep away! We have dangerous Alien Creatures aboard! You know the ones, with the acid for blood, that incubate inside a host, then burst through the chest. You know, that led to you guys nuking that city, oh what was it called, somewhere up North somewhere - just off the interstate. Hang on, GRUTHLICATIC, what was the name of that city on Earth? You know the one, they nuked it to kill the Aliens? Oh he don't remember, but hey you humans couldn't have nuked too many cities in your time right? Ah you'll figure it out - right gotta be going."

Way to start a new franchise then let it die a death without even trying, and trying to drag the individual Alien and Predator franchises down with you!!

Damn you Hollywood!!! :rolleyes:

14. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I never considered the AvP abominations to have anything to do with the original films. I don't think I'm alone here.

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. That was a stupid quote. There are not only avenues to explore but to explore well.

I like some others don't pretend the two AvP films were masterpieces but they were better than quite a few things I've seen. I for one think we will still get an AvP:3 at some point.

As for a Predator3, hey I'm all for it. If ever there was a time for it then the current 80's to now franchise revival is the time to do so. Audiences have welcomed them(as they've been done well enough) so if Arnold can find a way into a Predator 3 and its good enough then I'm game.

16. MyCylon

If you enjoy trash films, it's fun. Otherwise you've missed nothing. It's not even close to the first one IMHO.

17. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Come on, it wasn't that bad. I thought the cast was pretty much top notch, just like in the first Predator. You can't go wrong with Danny Glover, Bill Paxton and Gary Busey as the bad guy.

18. MyCylon

^
    Honestly, Glover was one of the problems for me. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a terrific actor, and I love him in roles such as the one he has in Lethal Weapon. But I really don't buy him in this part.
    IMHO he's simply no action star in the usual sense. Lethal Weapon is a good example of this. You can see how he's struggling and how Gibson's characters is the all-out action role.
    Here, Glover's the one who has to be the one-man action hero, and he just can't pull that off IMHO. And Paxton just gets on my nerves most of the time.

Also, I think this one has a pretty poor script and some really bad dialog. Yeah, you could argue the first one has some bad dialog as well but it really fits the characters who are all these tough military guys. Plus Arnold one-liners are always cool ;).
    The movie as a whole is also far more taught and to the point. This one feels bloated and somewhat pointless to me in comparison.

The sad thing is that I actually like the setting. Going from the jungle to the urban jungle is a nice change and a good way to avoid just repeating the first film. But everything else just drags it down IMHO.

So, yeah, I feel it actually WAS that bad :D. The only reason I have it on DVD is that I got it together with the first one. Still, I'll pop it in sometimes when I'm feeling the need for some trash :D.

19. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Maybe in 5 years when the memory of AvP has faded I could see this working. Ahnuld would be quite old by then though.

I still want my James Cameron or Ridley Scott directed fifth alien movie dammit! :klingon:

20. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Is there *really* any need/desire for Ahnuld to return for a third installment? :wtf: