Poll Potential New Series

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by mattman8907, Jan 30, 2019.

?

Out of the following Undeveloped TV shows Which one do you think could make it to CBSAA?

1. Star Trek: Reboot the Universe

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Star Trek: Final Frontier

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Star Trek: Federation

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think they'll reboot TOS on CBS-AA. They pretty much already have rebooted Trek, but they'll always call it "prime universe" for marketing reasons. All that said, a start-from-scratch (and I mean real scratch, ditching all continuity and 60's scifi tropes of Kelvin/Disco Trek) TOS reboot is what I'd personally like to see most.

I always thought Bryan Singer's Federation 3000 was too fanwanky to ever be made, but seeing how CBS Trek thrives on fanwank (not that it's a bad thing for us fans, I'm just surprised they're aiming so hard for existing fans instead of going as broad as possible), I would guess it be most plausible.

I don't think any of those old series pitches is likely to ever be revived though. They're more than happy to create new show concepts in-house. The one I'm most looking forward to is Starfleet Academy, which I'm hoping is basically Smallville/Buffy Trek, and brings back some of that ST'09 energy.

3. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Trek: Federation sounds like it might be ok, but it might be a bit too much like Andromeda.

That final frontier one would need tweaking to take into account the destruction of Romulus.

I agree that a full reboot probably isn't in the cards, but I wouldn't really want one anyway. We already have the TOS for the voyages of the 1701 under Kirk. I just snip out bits of it that I find unworkable with later stuff. Aside from visuals, I don't think there's actually that much of established canon in the that needs to be ignored.

4. rhllot

rhllot Captain Captain

I want a series set in the time of calypso! It would be great to see the war between the remains of what was once the federation.

I want to see the war between the coalition of planets and romulus

Tim Thomason likes this.
  5. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Would really like to see Star Trek Federation finally being realized.

If they don't do something with the pitch, someone should finally release the writers' bible like it was done with JMS pitch for the Star Trek reboot. So that everyone interested can at least read all about what they had planned for this show.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

I would love a full reboot personally, but that would largely depend on HOW they reboot it. It would allow them to set down some hard rules (like back when warpengines were supposed to be away from the ship), give some technology limitations and drawbacks (maybe even make the deflector dish just deflect) and make the universe fresh again.

I certainly wouldn't want to follow the adventures of a rebooted TOS crew, because there's just too much potential to screw it up.

7. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Another reboot would be boring and uninteresting imo. We already had that with the Kelvinverse Movies.

Would be great to see a new show set in the far future of the prime timeline instead of more 23rd century trek. We already have Discovery and get the Section 31 show for that.

And Picard is set at the end of the 24th century/beginning of the 25th century.

So it would be nice to get a far future show as well.

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You really love spreading false information

fireproof78 likes this.
  9. F. King Daniel

It's not false information at all, it's my opinion on the matter. I'm sorry it's not the corporate party line which you consider absolute, unshakeable truth. Sometimes corporations lie to consumers.

10. Tuskin38

You didn't present it as an opinion in your text, the wording made it sound like fact.

There's no evidence they're lying though. Everything fits in the prime universe fine.

11. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Commander Red Shirt

Final Frontier is something I'd like to be explored more. Not even exactly that story as originally put forward but a serious Trek show that is animated. Not one that is comedy based or one aimed more at kids but more along the lines of what main show would be but free to do whatever they want because it's animation and not live action. In many was it would be attempting what the original animated series attempted but with a LOT more energy behind it that includes more action. Less TAS on that front (which is very slow and not energetic at all) and more Star Wars (think Clone Wars and Rebels) or Gundam (Universal Century timeline series) in terms of action and pacing and drama.

12. F. King Daniel

"They pretty much have" is an observation.
    Only if you ascribe to absurdities like "visual reboot" and ignore all the Trek lore we've gone over endlessly.

13. Tuskin38

They haven't ignored any lore other than the cloaks. But Enterprise did that as well.

But this isn't the thread for this.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  14. F. King Daniel

Indeed it is not.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  15. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure I'd be up for any of those. Also, that hammerhead Enterprise design in Final Frontier is hideous.

16. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, "I believe they pretty much have..." is an observation. Your statement casts it as defacto, which it isn't.

fireproof78 likes this.
  17. F. King Daniel

Do you know what "de facto" means? Because that's a very accurate description of Disco's status as a reboot.:lol:

18. caseylee4ts

caseylee4ts Lieutenant Red Shirt

[furiously eating popcorn] This show is exciting in itself! I can't wait to see what happens next!

fireproof78 likes this.
  19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's Daniel's so it's obviously his opinion. But I guess on a Star Trek board, we don't accept a post as someone's opinion unless they say IMO, making it canonically their opinion.

20. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Probably Star Trek: Federation, with the way things are right now.

Despite how much I like DSC, I'd like to see a total, complete reboot of Star Trek and had pushed for one as early as 2003. Even though I've given up on that idea ever happening at this point, this would interest me if they did it right. If they did it seriously. Right now, it doesn't seem like anyone is at that point yet.

All of this would mean the series that would come out of it would be pretty unrecognizable to anyone reading this. Any reboot right now would just wipe away the continuity. I'd do a reboot that was much more fundamentally from the ground up. More than just cleaning out the continuity. The entire infrastructure of the Star Trek Universe would change. Like I said, one day I might see it. But I'd be an old man by that time.