Definite New Series/Limited Series with Patrick Stewart Returning

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by MvRojo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::lol::lol::lol:

2. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tut, tut...Nothing but an honorary doctorate for the good captain.

picardjean-luc likes this.
  3. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, I never come up with these, but one occurred to me. I'd forgotten this, but Lursa is pregnant in the TNG episode "Firstborn," which takes place a year before her death in Generations. What if we meet this person?

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

GOOD

i like Discovery for what it is but I REALLY don't want that style for this new Picard show.

I'm hoping for a lighter tone, more philosophical stories and episodes that make you smile at times.

Discovery can do the dark and gritty stuff.

SolarisOne and Grendelsbayne like this.
  6. Tuskin38

Season 2 has lighter tone so you’re probably going to get those with Discovery.

7. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well it remains to be seen.

That said i dont have an issue with discovery taking a darker tone, just that if you are going to have multiple shows you can take different approaches

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It's definitely going to take a lighter tone. The preview with the sneezing Saurian hints at that. Orville proved you can tell a good science fiction story without taking yourself too seriously and having a little fun with it. Discovery took notice and have changed their roadmap accordingly. This was a smart move (IMO). I just hope they don't try too hard to make it excessively comedic. They don't have Seth writing for them.

9. Tuskin38

10. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

11. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Everything about Discovery is trying too hard.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  12. Tuskin38

Production starts in April.

That quote in the article also seems to imply there will be more Trek Shorts between Season 2 of DSC and the Picard Show

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  13. picardjean-luc

Agreed. I prefer to see more classic and philosophical Picard from TNG series than Action Picard we saw more from the TNG movies,

However, Sir Patrick's statement announcing the new series when he said "He may not be the Picard you know from the series" seems to imply we'll see more of the latter Picard than the former one, making the show to be likely dark as well (at least at the beginning) :confused::confused:.

Let's hope I'm wrong though....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  14. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

15. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How many of us are the "same" person we were 20-25 years ago? Why should Picard be any different? I assume he means that we aren't going to see TNG season 8 with dutiful Captain Jean Luc Picard of the Enterprise, but rather Jean Luc Picard who has moved on to something else in life (be it on purpose or not).

picardjean-luc and fireproof78 like this.
  16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Picard wasn't even the same person in 2364 that he was in 2327. He went from a brash, smug and loudmouthed jerk who almost got himself killed in a bar brawl to one of the most cerebral and analytical starship captains in the Federation. Who knows how his life has further changed in the 20 years since Nemesis. If he does indeed marry Beverly in the aftermath of that movie and retire from active duty that new life could well transform him into yet a third unique version of the character, one no longer constrained by the rules and regulations of being a Starfleet Captain and being both a protector and father figure to hundreds of crewmembers.

17. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

As long as he hasn't evolved into someone like Lorca or Burnham then it should be good.

18. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I predict he'll be akin to a pissed-off and aging Dr. Xavier, but with the emerging Shalaft's Syndrome and/or Irumodic Syndrome thrown into the mix as opposed to dementia/seizures.

19. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would be appalled if a person I knew stayed the same for 20 years. Why are film characters treated differently?

20. picardjean-luc

Fingers crossed Picard from the new series is not Mirror Picard from the 2399 Terran Empire, brought to Prime Universe after "Discovery" crosses the universe when someone figures out how to use its spore drive again :shrug::shrug: