Please help me find this episode!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by kathrynjaneway, Feb 8, 2010.

1. kathrynjaneway

kathrynjaneway Captain Captain

...alone in an uncharted part of the galaxy!
    Hi all, I really hope you can help me.

Just a few days ago I watched an episode and now I can't remember which one it was :cardie:

It had to do with some (I believe 2) crewmember(s) disappearing and the others on Voyager couldn't find him/them, there was nothing on sensors, etc...Then B'elanna says something like "I suggest leaving" (she's at the station on the right side of the bridge, Chakotay's side, where Harry's station is, but on the lower level). Janeway is very reluctant and seems kinda desperate, but finally agrees and moves to the middle of the bridge, saying something like "Very well...". But then someone says there's something on sensors or something to that effect and they finally find him/them...

That's all I remember. I hope that rings a bell :)

2. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Displaced"?

3. kathrynjaneway

No that's definitely not it. Not the whole crew "goes missing", just the one or two I mentioned. The others remain on Voyager.

4. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

This isn't ringing any bells with me. Are there any other details you can remember?

5. kathrynjaneway

No, unfortunately I can't. All I know is:

Presumably two crewmembers, maybe one of them is Harry Kim, disappear while on a shuttle mission. Janeway and B'Elanna work hard to find them but they can't determine where they went. There's some kind of disturbance, a space anomaly?, which interferes with the sensors. They try everything, but to no effect. Because the anomaly threatens to damage Voyager, B'Elanna suggests leaving meaning to leave the crewmen behind. Janeway is very reluctant but finally agrees. Then somehow the shuttle shows up on sensors and they are able to save them.

That's really all I remember. Hope that is more of a help. :)

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure but is that the B-Plot to "Real Life"?

Where Tom is in a shuttle and gets sucked into an anomolies eddy and they can't figure how to get him out. The anomoly is collapsing in on itself and crush Voyager or some such thing. In the end, he gets himself out by riding an eddy's wave?

Is that it?

7. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

The one with the Beowulf holoprogram Harry kim has, that turned him into a ball of energy. The one with the Doc's first time outside the sick bay?

8. Kai Winn

Kai Winn Captain Captain

i believe that's the season 2 episode where kim and paris were suddenly back on earth, but i don't recall the name.

9. kathrynjaneway

Thank you all so much for trying to help me, but I FINALLY found it!!! It was Season 1, Emanations. Harry Kim is pulled into a "subspace vacuole". The crew can't figure out how to find him or get him back. And while the vacuoles are threatening to damage the ship their only option is to leave without Harry. But just before they leave, another vacuole opens on Voyager and Harry is brought back...You can't believe how much I have been thinking about this in the last few days.

10. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Glad you figured it out. It's frustrating when that happens.

11. kathrynjaneway

Yeah it really is! And the best part is, the whole time I thought it was from season 3 :lol: I went through it again and again, excluding the ones I was sure weren't the right one...it was driving me crazy!!! Then I thought about it again and remembered that B'Elanna said "I recommend leaving" instead of "suggest"...so I googled that and voilá, there it was :D

12. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Glad you were able to find the episode you were looking for! I know if it had happened to me, I would have wracked my brain for DAYS looking for the damn thing! It's maddening when something like that happens to you.

13. kathrynjaneway

Okay I'm back with another question.... :rolleyes:

What's the episode where Janeway is trying to solve this game thing? You know, that cube with those red lights...I saw it in a fan vid and can't remember the episode. I think it was season 5...

and another one:

Janeway's in her quarters, sitting right under the view port and has her comm badge on the ledge. Then she's hailed and just taps it without lifting it from the ledge.

14. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe the game thing is "Think Tank" with Jason Alexander.

The Janeway/combadge one is probably "11:59" the ep where Janeway learns the truth about Shannon O'Donnell. IIRC, the person on the com is Neelix, inviting her to the mess hall for their 1st celebration of "Happy Ancestor's Eve".

15. kathrynjaneway

Yeah I thought it was Think Tank right after I posted... :lol: But thx anyway!!! :D I wouldn't have come up with 11:59 so you really helped me ;)