Please crit my Demo Reel (Sci-fi and Fantasy Concept Art)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Fuzzy Modem, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Fuzzy Modem

Fuzzy Modem Commander Red Shirt

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlRLRy_bJ2E&list=UU3L6Kat6hf07F5ABe9g1ocQ[/yt]

I need suggestions for alterations or fixes before I burn 100 DVDs and send them out to game and film studios next month.

Any and all thoughts welcome :)

2. Fuzzy Modem

One thing "they" say is to start and end with your best work. Do any of my pieces stand out a bit more to you? Any you wouldn't suggest including?

3. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I would leave out the Sylph image. It looks flat and unfinished compared to your other work and its 8 years out of date and not applicable to your current skills. You have a lot of far away images(complete ships and buildings)any closeups showing your detail skills?
    I would probably lead with my newest, best image, you probably have 15 seconds to grab the attention of whoever is watching. Finally when you have made any changes watch it without the music. Do the images carry the piece enough to interest you. If not reedit and then add the music.

4. Fuzzy Modem

In an earlier draft I used fewer images and look both at the picture as a whole, and then zoomed in on smaller details in each one.

My newest image is the Dragon, but I don't think it's my best. I wanted to demonstrate an ability to create creatures, but my emphasis is vehicles and landscapes.

Thinking of leading with the Eiffel Fortress...

Perhaps it would be better to cut the creatures entirely and spend more time focusing on the details of the rest...