Plasma is the key to Star Trek.

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Johnny7oak, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Johnny7oak

Johnny7oak Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Most of the technology in Star Trek seems to relay the manipulation of Plasma or Ionized Gas. Mainly, hydrogen. Because of the Bohr Model plasma/quanta interactions seem likely used on Deflectors, Phasers, Sensors. The Propulsion for Impulse seems to be Plasma Related with utilizing its properties with simple like polarity properties in a all-in-one design known as a nacelle. Warp drive utilizes spatial fields that are likely quanta driven in a wide encompassing field surrounding the plasma interaction and could be a resonating affect from the frontal stage of the nacelle to encompass the ship. Anyways, its about figuring out correct quanta sequencing and then how to manipulate plasma and magnetic interactions to make the ship work. I feel at a loss because I am 33, and not in position to start a research career.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Star Trek is full of hot, smell fouling air. Seems about right at this point. :guffaw:

3. UncleRogi

UncleRogi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Magnetic fields first; that way you can manipulate the plasma of higher radioactive elements...
    Then use a huge magnetic field to rotate mercury in it's separate field...
    Should yield an 'anti-gravtic' force relative to the magnetic field of the planet,
    dependent on the size of the generated fields intensity...

But I'm just guessing...

:shrug:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  4. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

You might get a better discussion in the General Trek Forum.

Energizing now....

UncleRogi likes this.
  5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Sorry to give it a double bump, but this fairly screams Trek Tech to me.

UncleRogi likes this.
  6. UncleRogi

Well, does that help ?

:)

7. Johnny7oak

I was guessing inverse relations of plasma, magnetism, and quanta... as magnetism are electrons thus generating quanta on movement through the shell of ionized hydrogen gas... so opposite reactions are equal to input reactions. and should behave based on the bohr model

8. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This discussion only works if you pronounce "plasma" the way Ethan Philips does as Neelix. :)

That said, the notion that gas is related to all this has to be relative to the actual AMOUNT of ionized gas found in interstellar space. I'm guessing there isn't really that much, so for me the manipulation of fanciful energy fields (subspace) for warp, transportation, etc. is more relevant. Impulse drives, on the other hand..

Mark

9. UncleRogi

Why?

It's not magic when you know how, but must first ask why....

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  10. UncleRogi

Another consideration....electromagnetism is the spark for gravity..
    The Roman Folk are about to define ' Dark Matter'.... You might find something
    in the equations thus generated...

But I didn't tell you that....
    :whistle:

11. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

We do know that ships in the Federation use the EPS grid to deliver highly charged plasma to all ship systems (which is being generated by the Warp core and other systems like fusion reactors).
    To take matters further, Federation ships are designed around recycling and energy conversion (aka, nothing is wasted, everything is used to the maximum efficiency).

12. UncleRogi

This is going to sound odd, but...

There is a video out there, Annie "Chewing Gum", but the "Top of the Pops" version
    It describes the relative motion that must be accounted for before stabilization

And besides that, its gorgeous Swedish women dancing.

Watch closely...I kid you not

EDIT: I'm truly not messing with you...trust your instinct, I point you in a direction

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  13. Johnny7oak

plasma is key to reconstitution of quanta frequencies in affect on the deflector and used in phase emitter of the phaser. May also hold the key to medical frequencies and general propulsion through plasma polarity generated across a secondary centrical plasma shunt … oscillation of frequencies at the conical point of start may generate a subspace field that then allows the ship to pass through normal space in a subspace at faster than light.

Experimentation with a plasma tube and a secondary plasma shunt where stages of the tube could be activated independently might simulate a nacelle. If all stages together are activated the conical start of intermix of quanta could be studied for affects or possibly magnetic field studies while remaining stationary. If you come up with a spatial field with environment adhering to relative area you might have a subspace field generated across the plasma thrust.[​IMG] Probable more stages in reaction chamber is better than three, but example was just to show example.... Nacelle may have intra-quanta generator inside with deflection across frontal conical section, but exterior is shown for example... I think it would be like having a led or lightbulb inside the thing except multi-spectrum capability.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  14. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

Plasma is just one part of it though (which is also generated via fusion - though we seem to be making real headway on fusion due to inclusion of AI in R&D which should vastly accelerate the process).

Trek also heavily relies on use of subspace based technology to augment power production, efficiency, conversion, explosive yields, maneuverability of ships, etc.
    Is there anything like 'subspace' in reality?
    Not really (at least, not according to our current science - though, it might be possible we could discover other methods).

15. Johnny7oak

[​IMG]

It is a picture I drew that may give you subpace fields if its a plasma reaction to quanta spectrum with plasma polarity. The tube is filled with plasma, energized, and a secondary tube inside of plasma is also energized sticking out partially, the two intertwining fields if stage driven on one may provide thrust. However the purpose of the experiment is to see if you can develop a spatial field off them and so all stages are active on both shunt and outer tube. The conical start of the inner tube acting as a shunt is deflected against by quanta altered in frequency in order to test the affects. Its a needle in a haystack, but if quanta deflected off a plasma polarity shunt and tube creates a well of subspace that's how you might find out.

EDIT: Split the centrical tube and put generator inside and you have kind of the nacelle I think would be commonly used.... also with a stage activator strip instead of all energized exterior tube that would increase one section above others for motion.

EDIT2: I was informed that it actually splits four ways in there, so I think I can see the tubing in model in my mind. But yes, a four way split of the inner tube after the conical section around the quanta frequency emitter... that would be a standard nacelle.[​IMG]
    above: A cut-away of theoretical parts... the tube is activated in sections repeatedly to generate a build up of like polarity... and not all at once as in the lab experiment.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  16. Johnny7oak

Noted that you in the above experiment need some way of recording a subspace field. maybe water could be used? the stream would disrupted by the field visually perhaps. Or a gas cloud of color?

More mechanism recording might show incongruencies in gravity. A scale maybe some how determining the differences of gravity inside and outside the area. Or barometric determination of pressures independent of each other… I am not sure on this one. But pressure might level off inside the field.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018