Pirate Planet book

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by diankra, Dec 23, 2016.

1. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now out, a bit earlier than announced. Lots of nice new stuff in the main narrative (Romana tries to find out what's wrong with the TARDIS by reactivating the fault locator, but finds the FL is reporting itself), plus DNA's original outline, and his thoughts on possible identities for Key segments, and a 'Why not just make the villain the Master?' comment.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm on the fence about getting this one. James Goss's novelization of City of Death really didn't impress me at all. He tried too hard writing in the style of Douglas Adams ultimately proving that only Douglas Adams should write in that style, and truth is even he didn't always pull it off. But on the other hand, there's just so little Doctor Who novels or content in general these days, I may get it just to get my fix.

3. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A fun bit in the DNA notes is "Why not just say straight out that she's the Master - no further problems about motive."

DarthPipes likes this.
  4. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

I know they said it was in the original script, but the expanded opening of Part Four (with Romana frantically trying to figure out how to fly the TARDIS to save the Doctor from his 'walking the plank' execution) had such a New Series vibe to it I could hear Murray Gold's frantic music in my head as I read it. I had a goofy grin reading that sequence from start to finish. And every bit with K-9 was classic. :guffaw: