Pine to be the new 'Saint'

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe modern Hollywood will actually succeed in bringing Simon Templar back this time.
    There was a one-off TV movie a few years ago that was supposed to start a series, but it went nowhere. And the 1997 feature film with Val Kilmer was hit or miss.

Kor

Lance likes this.
  3. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Roger Moore is the only Simon Templar for me. (He is also the only 007 for me).

Henoch and Lance like this.
  4. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Markonian and Lance like this.
  5. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Variety has some exclusive news that Pine will be in ST4?
    TM.com picked up on this and are assuming it must be the Noah Hawley script..but it might not be if his isn't going to feature the JJ cast (as was stated or rumoured a while back).. so it might mean they are waiting for the Tarantino script to be finished and for that to be ST4
    https://trekmovie.com/2020/04/21/re...-as-they-await-noah-hawleys-star-trek-script/

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  6. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can see Pine as a young John Henry Fernack (from The Saint in New York and later stories set in the US). But not as Templar.

(If he actually knows and enjoys the novels and short-story collections, though, I might be persuaded.)

7. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. It could be a carrot, a sort of pay-or-play deal like Nimoy did for The Motion Picture, only coming back on the condition of being given roles in other things.

Malaika likes this.
  8. Kor

To me, the definitive Simon Templar was Vincent Price on radio.

Kor

9. Malaika

It's all speculations. I doubt it's the Tarantino one (they do have a script for that already). Probably the sites assume it's the Hawley movie...I'm already tired of him at this point because he made it clear he has no intention making a continuation of this trek (and he is all about that stupid 'real trek fan' narrative I'm sick of hearing from everyone hired to make a movie) . It's annoying they keep presenting him as the one making trek 4 when he already said his movie isn't that. If the studio forces him to make a movie in this trek, I don't feel confident it's going to be great when the director doesn't seem to be inspired. Better hiring someone who truly is.

It could also be a different script we don't know about yet. So many things happen behind the scenes we have no idea about.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eh, Amazing Spiderman was Spiderman 4 until it wasn't. Spiderman: Homecoming was Amazing Spiderman 3 until it wasn't.:shrug:

11. Malaika

The guy himself said he doesn't want to make trek 4 and it's an incorrect assumption. Insisting he's the one continuing this trek iteration gives its fans the illusion they have news about kelvin trek and a fourth movie is in the works, when it actually isn't. If there is a fourth movie, it isn't the project this guy is proposing to the studio.

12. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

huh.. Okay..
    Been watching the Roger Moore version on Amazon, its quite good. Just hope it doens't follow the 97 Batman..err.. Killmer version.. So, guess we'll see it in 2025 when the theatres reopen...

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hopefully it'll go better than his stint as Jack Ryan.

14. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I agree, and absolutely not, in that order !

I think Pine's in the absolutely not category too...

15. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll reiterate my suggestion for Pine to play John Henry Fernack. If you're going to reintroduce the Saint to movie audiences anyway, why not use Fernack as the POV/intro channel, and cast him accordingly? Most viewers of this one are going to come to it never having read any of the original stories anyway.

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That wasn't really that bad a movie, and indeed many ideas and concepts from it have been transplanted into Amazon's Jack Ryan series.

17. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

This has box office bomb written all over it.

18. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Totally unnecessary for an actor. His job is to play the part as directed. And Pine is quite capable of it (Hell or High Water is an excellent example of his talent).

Better for him? Certainly. But the film itself was hardly disastrous as a film (clearly its financial performance was not to the expectations of the studio). He was fine as Jack Ryan.

If this is the case, then I'm more likely to seek out the series at some point. Good to know.

Based on...?

19. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably better off making this a TV project than a motion picture, I never saw him as a leading man and better off as a co-star. I didn't buy him as Jack Ryan and it was a BO dud.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt1205537/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

There won't be any sequels with those kind of numbers, maybe Paramount is thinking those Wonder Woman audiences will be interested in seeing Pine in his next venture.

20. Kor

I thought "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" was dull as dishwater. Pine's performance was just fine, but the movie didn't exactly have me on the edge of my seat wanting to see a bunch of sequels.

Kor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.