Petition: Seven of Nine Spinoff Show

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Danja, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

I'm posting this here because several Voyager fans have signed the petition. :)

Star Trek: Picard ending after S3 :wah:

This petition is designed to let Picard Executive Producers Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman, Rod Roddenberry, and Paramount+ know that we want a spinoff show featuring Seven of Nine.

Picard is too good a show to be cut off just when it's hitting its stride. Seven was brought to Picard for a reason. She has the fandom, the interest, and the stature to merit a spinoff.

Seven and Raffi deserve a LOT more than just an audio drama or a comic book. Let's put them on the air where they belong, in their own series, right alongside Picard.

Strange New Worlds came about as the result of a fan campaign. If THEY can do it, so can we.

"Annika still has work to do ... "

Sign the Petition

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    Lynx and G. H. B. BRAEME like this.
  2. G. H. B. BRAEME

G. H. B. BRAEME Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I signed the petition a couple of days ago because yes, the character of Seven of Nine deserves to fet her own show and if some of her former Voyager's co-stars could intervene in whatever capacity like acting (Kate Mulgrew as Admiral or Cpt Janeway, Robert Picardo as the Doctor and Tim Russ as Tuvok) -> it would be funny to see their reaction, especially the Doctor's one, in seeing Seven being in a romantic relationship with Raffi, him who introduced her in to hetero relationships) and/or directing episodes (Roxann Dawson and Robert Duncan McNeil -> I refered to directing because I think that both definitively gave up acting). But in her parents place, production could intoduce an adult version of Miral Paris... ;-)

As for the fact that Picard ends its travel after s3, I'm not upset about that. In fact, it is a good thing, especially if the last season is as good as the current one. Prolonging a TV show is not good because the quality of the program keeps dropping from one second to the next and in the end, it's just frustration and disappointment to the point that we no longer recognize the show we loved (for ex. I love watching Supergirl from the beginning but the last seasons were just unxatchable The s was pretty bad and I really hoped that for the 6th and last season, an effort would be made to correct what was wrong in the previous one but, the quality was worst and except 1 or 2 episodes, the rest was just awful -> if the show has been stopped after the 4th season, it would have been nice! :whistle:). To be back to Voyager and Picard, Seven of Nine is a too much complex and loved character to be to be wasted because one would have preferred quantity to quality on the altar of quantity over quality. So, IF a sequel of ST: Picard was done with Seven of Nine and Raffi's adventures, a 3 seasons would likely great. :)
    to be wasted because one would have preferred quantity to quality

WarpTenLizard and TedShatner10 like this.
  3. Danja

The reason it's stopping after three seasons is because Sir Patrick can no longer keep up the pace physically (he's 81).

Look at Disco. Certain fans want seven seasons just for the sake of "tradition". :rolleyes:

In the pre-streaming era, seven seasons was necessary in order to get enough eps for five-days-a-week syndication.

Now, it's no longer needed. It's outdated.

Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    TedShatner10 and Qonundrum like this.
  4. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I think a series with Seven Of Nine seems almost inevitable.

WarpTenLizard and Danja like this.
  5. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I would like to watch such a show! :techman:

It's strange actually, it was a time when I really loathed the character.
    Then I realized how stupid I was by projecting my dislike on certain events in the series on her and accepted the character.

And then, when she showed up in Picard, I was actually happy to see her!

I wasn't that fond of Picard but I saw Seven's appearance as one of the bright spots of the series.

As for Picard, I find it ridiculous to dump the series only after three seasons.

Now we are stuck with horrible Discovery plus another TOS copy Strange New World which, as a spin-off to Discovery will be another dooom-and gloom series.

I can live without that crap.

Give us the 24th century back!

Bry_Sinclair, TedShatner10 and Danja like this.
  6. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I find Strange New Worlds to be very good. I haven't felt like it's all doom and gloom. I've only seen the first 3 episodes so far, that's all that's been streamed at this point. But so far, I'm liking it.

7. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Not like Discovery I hope.
    I will look at it when I get an opportunity.

8. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only if Seven is not killed off. Giving her a love interests now may lead to something tragic; PICARD maybe the opportunity to finally close the book on Seven of Nine.

When you do, take that show with a grain of salt, from what's seen it is proudly far- left winged bias and hold it with a badge of honor. It lacks the diversity in handling hot buttoned topics and drives a steak at the opposing side of the issues. It's not your father's or grandfather's Star Trek but that's okay. The showrunners have the right to spin their version of trek for WOKE - natured sensibilities.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  9. Danja

Why must the door be closed on Seven of Nine?

I don't recall anyone "closing the door" on Sulu or Uhura.

Your use of the term "woke" says something about you.

You want to go back Ye Olde Trek where the LGBTQ+ community is alluded to but never openly depicted.

There's the practical question of "What's going to come after Picard once the show leaves the air?"

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    WarpTenLizard and TedShatner10 like this.
  10. TedShatner10

Seven Of Nine has stood the test the time much better than fake Native American dude who had his bastardised/water down cultural traits derived from a conman, so it makes zilch sense to kill her off (when Jeri Ryan is a young looking fifty-something, had a career renaissance since her guest role on Bosch, and still gaining fans through her role in Picard).

11. Danja

Chakotay is doing well on Prodigy.

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  12. TedShatner10

That's good to hear, NuTrek writers go on very weird tangents, but they're much better than given credit for.

13. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great point, but I wish to God they should have.

I hope not since I view these CBS + Trek things objectively. I don't think there was enough in PICARD to say where the showrunners will go after it runs its course. PICARD always felt like a vanity project for Patrick Stewart, something for him to do at his age; it's story driven and made some incredible paths to find their conclusions but never made an effort to make some meaningful progression of these characters on screen. I honestly don't know how popular Seven of Nine is... which would prompt such a petition attempt?

As for LGBTQ, bring it on, never thought Star Trek was the focus on it but overall the exploration of the human condition. I'm open for transgender entering and competing in women sports and access to bathrooms and locker rooms and I think if its the future than it should be common place and doesn't have to be seen all of the time, but should be established that Earth is what it is? I remember "RoboCop" where my BF at the time noticed women were undressing along with men in the police locker room; I didn't even notice it was there until he pointed out to me in repeat sessions. One of the great things about being subtle and not drawing attention to it. Which was why I loved men wearing uniform dresses in the 1st season of TNG and I really wanted men to wear those cat suits Seven and T'Pol wore on their series.

If you want a Laverne & Shirley type of show with Seven and Raffi or just Captain Seven of Nine and the Stargazer? I'm okay with that, don't particularly care for it but if there's more to explore...

I was thinking a closing of the book on Seven would be nice because she didn't have much of a sendoff in the GOAT's doppelganger finale against Alice Krige in "Endgame". Maybe for Jeri Ryan this could be all that's left of her career and she will play this character for the rest of her life in the industry; I think it would be nice to add her name as another one of the 30 producers on these Trek streaming series because there's never enough producers to fill a title sequence.

14. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

I think Jeri Ryan has plenty of career left. Although the version of Seven she played in PIC was not the Seven she played on VOY. I'm not sure we need a spinoff series featuring her, similar to how I never thought the Section 31 series with Georgiou was a good idea. Both characters work best as part of an ensemble to play off of. I'd watch a series with her and Raffi as a part of it of course.

I also think Strange New Worlds was not solely created based on a fan petition. The elaborate bridge set they constructed for the Enterprise was not going to be a one and done use for example. I'd guess it was probably planned from the get go. Although the fan petition probably helped to show interest in the series and justify it's further development.

15. TedShatner10

She (barring sad misfortune) potentially has 30 to 40 years of acting left easily at a youthful/athlectic 54 (when you look at Stewart and Shatner now still trucking) and she traditionally "should've" aged out of her Seven role years ago already in how she's depicted, giving me an impression she'll probably be the female equivalent of Liam Neeson in rugged action/sci-fi roles all through her 60s and 70s alongside Ming-Na Wen and Michelle Yeoh (depending if she's given her own Trek show or play a major role in a future Trek ensemble).

16. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure I would want to watch that show. I never found 7 of 9 to be that interesting as a character. That's nothing to do with Ryan though, who did a terrific job playing her. (Also, I still have to see the 2nd and 3rd season of PIC).

17. MarkusTay

MarkusTay Commander Red Shirt

I would watch a Seven-based show. Too bad they did a certain other person in - I would like to have seen her traveling with him for a time. 'Missed opportunities' and all that.

And since Patrick Stewart is getting old, they can use him for cameos in a new show. Hell, they pretty much did that for Prof. Xavier in the Dr. Strange (*cough* Wanda *cough*) movie. He was there for the 'memba berries', and now the multiverse can hand us a new one (maybe the guy from the newer X-movies?). So yeah, basically the guy needs to retire before he dies on set.

And I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her relationship with Raffi, even though we saw no indication of this in their pasts (however, I have seen this numerous times in RL - not everyone is leading the life they were meant to lead, although today - and in ST's future - I don't see why that would be the case anymore, but whatever). Like I said elsewhere, Raffi going this route after a failed marriage (and poor parenting) does not shed a nice light on her new 'leanings'. I think they could have done a little better with that, but humans are fallible, so its believable. Throwing herself into her work because her personal life was a shambles? Check. Taking to drinking and even drugs? Big check. Definitely a realistic character. You know what happens to perfect characters, right?
    They become Borg Queens

And deciding what kind of person someone is because they used a single word you didn't care for tells US what kind of person YOU are, as well. Be careful about those glass houses, shall we? They are terribly fragile.

Danja likes this.