Spoilers Perfect Dark "3" Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TedShatner10, Dec 11, 2020.

1. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I fecking knew it! The Intiative is developing the reboot of Perfect Dark:

So we've got new Perfect Dark game that'll be out within the next couple of years that feels more consistent in tone than the "meh" Xbox360 game and feels true to the more lauded N64 original (with a megacorporation antagonist and possible insinuation of alien influence with the Egyptian pyramids on the horizon). Awesome!

So according to the fluff, in a near future the world is nearly destroyed by global warming, etc, but the Earth is brought back from the brink by a handful of megacorporations (with dataDyne being the biggest).

But of course like Arasaka in CP77 the dataDyne Corporation is up to no darn good with Joanna Dark and the Carrington Institute busting their doors down.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel bad for saying this, but I hope that Rare isn't developing this game. Do we know the studio behind it?

TedShatner10 likes this.
  3. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

They're called the Initiative (you see their logo flash a few times). They've got a new take.

Rareware had major behind the scenes problems when absorbed by Microsoft (and this was shown with the just adequate and tolerable, not great, Perfect Dark Zero) and they're a totally new company in comparison to their SNES/N64 glory days, with Sea Of Thieves and Everwild.