Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Jun 19, 2014.
I guess it wasn't 'officially' announced before?
I'm interested in what the release date will be. I feel Trek is better off in the Holiday season as opposed to the Summer trying to compete with action films.
I look forward to old Spock sending the crew off on a mission to go look for something. That's the plot sorted anyway. Titles are always harder to come up with.
summer 2016 so far:
• Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (WB) - 5/6
• Captain America 3 (BV) - 5/6
• Universal R-Rated Comedy (Uni.) - 5/13
• Alice in Wonderland 2 (BV) - 5/27
• X-Men: Apocalypse (Fox) - 5/27
• Sausage Party (Sony) - 6/3
• The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (Sony) - 6/10
• Finding Dory (BV) - 6/17
• How to Train Your Dragon 3 (Fox) - 6/17
• Angry Birds (Sony) - 7/1
• The BFG (BV) - 7/1
• Independence Day 2 (Fox) - 7/1
• Tarzan (2016) (WB) - 7/1
• Marvel Untitled (July 2016) (BV) - 7/8
• Ice Age 5 (Fox) - 7/15
• Untitled Next Bourne Chapter (Uni.) - 7/15
• King Arthur (2016) (WB) - 7/22
• Untitled Planet of the Apes (Fox) - 7/29
Late 2016 so far:
• Trolls (Fox) - 11/4
• Untitled 2016 Event Project (Uni.) - 11/4
• Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (WB) - 11/18
• Untitled Disney Animation (Nov. 2016) (BV) - 11/23
• Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 (Fox) - 12/16
• Untitled Star Wars (BV) - 12/16
• Untitled Illumination Entertainment (2016) (Uni.) - 12/21
Plus theres the small matter of Avatar 2 (& not forgetting the new Paramount announcements in OP)
if ST3 follows the release dates for ST09/STID, then it be either 5/13 or 5/20 (between CA3/SvB & XM:A)
I wonder if they'll end up going back to the November/December release date? Like the 20th, 25th and 30th anniversaries. Spend several months leading up to it, heavily publicising that 2016 is Star Trek's 50th? Big TV celebration in September and unveil the full version of a trailer.
*Thanks to George Lucas.
September 8th, "The Man Trap", would be cool. But it's the end of summer and the start of school. what about on Christmas? Abrams wanted to launch Star Trek on this day.
Looking at the list above, I'd go with June or November for safety's sake.
I thought one (or both) of those movies got their release date changed?
All I'll say is Bring it onnnnnn!!!!!!!.
agreed...we would not want to get in the way of "Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: Chipped Teeth" now, would we?...
While I was thinking more of the planned Star Wars movie, you are quite right. Save the Chipmunks!
May it be as glorious as Doctor Who's big 50. Best of luck to Orci!
We've been hearing about the director, writers and story tidbits for the past couple of months. I never doubted that there would be a Star Trek 3 in 2016!
I hear Benicio Del Toro is up for the part of the villain.
As Captain Garth
I think that if Star Trek's opening date is close to ANY of these films, it will do just fine.
Separate names with a comma.