Paramount Confirms TWO Star Trek films currently in the works!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by PixelMagic, Apr 26, 2018.

1. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

DaddlerTheDalek, MFB and saddestmoon like this.
  3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great news! I hope they rock!

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm skeptical. We'd already heard that Paramount was considering several pitches for the fourth movie. The exec's comment was vague enough that he could've just meant they've narrowed it down to two options for the fourth movie, not that they've actually committed to making two more consecutive movies.

wayoung and Rahul like this.
  5. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

wonder if this means tarantino's film plus a kelvin timeline feature.

best of both worlds, as it were.

6. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    It seems silly to me they’d announce they’re working on two options for one movie, while giving no details about either story. I don’t see anything to be gained in a publicity sense from that.

DaddlerTheDalek and BillJ like this.
  7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Given that there are multiple Marvel and Star Wars movies currently in the works, it could be that Paramount is considering a Star Trek cinematic universe and expanding the scope of Star Trek movies the same way the scope of Star Trek TV shows were expanded in the '90s. Maybe one of those two movies don't involve a starship named Enterprise perhaps...

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

First off, it's not really a formal announcement. Some actor or writer let it slip recently that Paramount was looking into several script possibilities, and it sounds like this exec was asked about it at a convention and confirmed it, with the clarification that they're working on two specific ones.

Second, there's nothing at all unusual about holding back details at this stage. Naturally, everything is still in flux at this point, so anything that was revealed now could be completely changed in a few months. There's nothing to be gained by going into specifics.

Greg Cox likes this.
  9. PixelMagic

Captain Worf confirmed! :lol:.

Seriously though, I've already seen someone on reddit seriously suggest perhaps a continuation of DS9 or ENT. These people have no sense of what's marketable to general audiences and what's not. :brickwall:

JoeP, seigezunt, Jedman67 and 5 others like this.
  10. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

HBO is working on five Game of Thrones spinoffs, but not all of them will come to fruition. This is probably the same thing. Paramount has two ideas in the air for Star Trek movies and they're looking into them, but they haven't decided which of the movies -- if any -- to greenlight.

11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

People don't want Star Trek to change.

XCV330 likes this.
  12. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Exactly so.

And thank god for Paramount and these movies - really the only evident hope right now for the franchise to have a real future.

13. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

The novels seem to imply that Worf will be the captain of the Enterprise soon. That would be fun to see

seigezunt likes this.
  14. thribs

I think it’s about time they have have the JJVerse interact with the proper timeline again. So it was should be still around 2387 in the Prime. It doesn’t even need to clash with the novels since they’re still on 2386.
    Also give the A rectangular nacelles and have them wear the TMP uniform.

15. PixelMagic

I think there's too much fan wank about getting back to "muh prime timeline", BUT, that actually could set up an interesting story arc if they bring in George Kirk as they mentioned a couple of years ago.

Imagine Kirk finds some way to go back in time and save his father, but at the expense of destroying the past 35 years of this Kelvin timeline. You could have a moral dilemma/lesson about doing what's good for everyone (all the people that would or would not exist if you reset the timeline), or being selfish to your own desires at the expense of everyone else(this timeline was never supposed to exist anyway, so why not get my father back?). A talented writer could also weave all of this into an action film that would have the morality play AND some kick ass action in the same film and please all those who want a little of each.

Imagine a scene of Kirk ultimately being forced to say goodbye to his father again, but with the emotional punch/music/editing of the opening scene of 2009. Gah, water works.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  16. thribs

I don’t think it was ever the Prime timeline before the Kelvin incident due to the ship sizes etc. His actions would only affect that universe.

17. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

When Tarantino said he'd always wanted to do a feature version of City on the Edge of Forever or Yesterday's Enterprise I thought that perhaps the movie could involve the Kelvin being somehow transported into the future moments before being destroyed. The result being that the Narada wasn't disabled and captured by the Klingons. So there's now a timeline where Nero has succeeded in destroying most Federation worlds and the surviving Starfleet ships are hunted and on the run. The rest of it would play out as you said.

18. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The adventures of George Kirk on the USS Kelvin! [having survived the Narada Incursion, due to his son James from the future coming back and changing events]

:D Incursion-absent timeline confirmed!!!!! ;)

:beer:

XCV330 and Jedman67 like this.
  19. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ps: I’m extremely excited about this news! C’mon Paramount!

20. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

FInally the Axanar movie is going to get a chance to shine!

Jason

lurok, Jedman67 and Serveaux like this.