OT: My latest writing gig--Led Zeppelin

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Scott Pearson, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Scott Pearson

Scott Pearson Writer Captain

Just signed a contract on the next addition to my wildly disjointed resumé: I've compiled a Led Zeppelin discography for the book Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated History of the Heaviest Band of All Time, due out this fall.

The book features "contributions from an elite cast of American and British rock journalists, including Rolling Stone's David Fricke, Creem cofounders Robert Matheu and Jaan Uhelszki, and famed UK music author Charles Shaar Murray. Several of rock's elite musicians, including members of Aerosmith, KISS, ZZ Top, the Stooges, Matchbox 20, the Hold Steady, and many other performers, will also reflect on the glory days of Led Zeppelin."

You can read a full press release here: http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/feb/12Whole_Lotta_Led_Zeppelin.shtml.

My list of publishing credits looks like some sort of drunken scavenger hunt.

2. MichaelS

MichaelS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Congratulations, Scott!

3. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

A rock 'n' roll book, eh? No wonder you've taken to drinking illicit substances.

Congrats, sir.

4. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Sweet! When's the Rush book coming?

5. Scott Pearson

Thanks!
    Next up: devil worship.
    Great, you just had to say that, didn't you . . . now I'm going to have Mack on my back like a rabid sock monkey.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow that sounds like a pretty impressive group of people involved. Congrats.

7. Scott Pearson

Yeah, it's making me nervous. Sounded like just a fun little thing when I said I'd do it, I was thinking it would be pretty easy, they don't have that many albums . . . next thing I know, Billy F. Gibbons is sending us a picture of himself hanging out with Jimmy Page! Now I'm thinking "Holy crap!" this thing could be big! :eek: