OT: MCU - Vessel Scales

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DEWLine, Mar 21, 2015.

1. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wondering if anyone had gotten around to working up a size comparison chart including the following:

• SHIELD Helicarrier 64 from Avengers I
    • Dark Aster from Guardians I
    • Milano from Guardians I
    • Chitauri parent-ship from Avengers I
    • Dark Elven parent-ship from Thor II
    • Ravagers parent-ship from Guardians I
    • Valkyrie from First Avenger

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The first Helicarrier looks to be around the size of a standard supercarrier, slightly under the beam of a Nimitz class, so I'd say ~950-1000ft stem to stern. The Insight Class Helicarriers are physically the same beam as the Avenger Class.

The Dark Aster and Chitauri motherships look very similar in design, but the Chitauri ships are much further out from the screen when seen, and may have internal holding pens for those floating worm creatures, so maybe twice the size. No idea what that might be though.

The Valkyrie is the same physical design as the B-1 and B-2 floating wings, pushed up a few sizes, given the engine size being equivalent to early 50's jet rocket design, the plane is maybe 2-3 times the size of a standard B-2, which is 172ft wide and 69ft nose to tail.

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where did I see stats for Dark Aster in Cinefex Magazine again...?

Ah yes. Issue 139, page 38, "Four kilometres long" per Nicolas Aithadi of MPC's London studios.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Heh, at that scale it would be easier making two charts. One alien and one human.

Or rather, one Guardians of the Galaxy themed but with the Asgard, Elvish and Chitauri on it. And one SHIELD/Avengers themed with SHIELD and Stark vehicles and machines.

The Avengers jet looks about twice the size of the Quinjet.