OT: HUB SPACE is out now!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Christopher, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As some of you may recall, I have a comedy-SF series called "The Hub" that has appeared in Analog Science Fiction and Fact over the past few years, so far comprising "The Hub of the Matter," "Home is Where the Hub Is," and "Make Hub, Not War." I'm pleased to announce that Mystique Press has just published a novella-length ebook compilation of those stories, which I call Hub Space: Tales from the Greater Galaxy. Here's the cover and blurb:

[​IMG]
    The ebook is priced at $3.99 US. More information at my blog here:

https://christopherlbennett.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/hub-space-is-now-available/

My homepage already has annotations for the individual stories in the collection, but I'm working on an update for the collected edition, which fixes some mistakes and adds new material to flesh out the characters and the world. I wanted the collected edition to have something new for people who've already read the original stories.

2. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

this doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Gonna have to pass on this one.

3. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Have just purchased from Amazon.

Thanks for mentioning this, Christopher. My plan is to read this after Uncertain Logic.

4. Christopher

^Yay! May I ask that you (and others) post a review on Amazon once you've read it? Apparently reviews are a key part of generating buzz for a book there, and on other book-buying sites.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds interesting. I'll try to remember to check it out once I'm caught up on my other stuff I'm reading.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Congrats!

7. Sto-Vo-Kory

You got it. :)

8. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

It's now on my Kindle. War And Peace will have to wait a bit longer. (Said in jest, but true.)

9. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

It doesn't seem to exist on the Kobo site... do you know if it will eventually wind up there?

10. Christopher

I'm told "soon."

Oh, and I've now added the iTunes link to my blog post. I don't think I'm supposed to post ordering links here directly.

11. Christopher

Hub Space is up now on Kobo. I've edited my blog post to add it.

12. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ Ah, yes, so it is! For $4 (um, and 16 cents, what's with that? :lol:) I'm certainly willing to check it out. Purchased!

Since I just picked up Uncertain Logic in hardcopy on Friday, I guess this is a Christopher L. Bennett weekend! :)

(And yes, I'm guessing the $4.16 price was just a conversion of the original $3.99 USD into CAD. It just seems odd to see a book price that doesn't end in ".99"! ;))

13. Sto-Vo-Kory

Christopher, any plans for more Hub stories?

14. Christopher

I certainly hope so, and putting this revised/expanded collection together gave me some new ideas for what I might do next.