Orange is the new Black

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 31, 2014.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I just finished binge watching the two seasons (2x13 episodes at close to an hour each) and i was blown away.

I honestly can't understand why this show was in the comedy section of the current Emmy's (and they made fun of it too) but it has its funny moments though the serious/dramatic moments outweigh them.

I liked the progression of Piper and her relationship in the first season. At first she and her fiancé promise each other to get through this together but bit by bit cracks appear until the whole thing spirals out of control.. to me it seemed very believable.

The characters are awesome, the humor at times very dark (which i like) and the drama builds from episode to episode but the season 2 finale had me in stitches i must say. Of course there are dramatic things happening but the sheer ridiculousness of it makes it so damn funny.

First Caputo, the director of the prison, gets a blowjob by his nemesis like a boss only to reveal to her he already has screwed her over. Then at the end Miss Rosa escapes, almost runs down the protesting nuns and then really drives down and kills Vee without even slowing down the van! "Always so rude that one!" :guffaw::guffaw:

The only downside is that i have to wait a full year before Netflix releases season 3 :(

I urge you all to give this show a shot.. you won't regret it.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Definitely great show, there's already two big threads about it though, both here and the Voyager forum.

It's regarded as a comedy because it's a satire.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The show is still 100 times funnier than Modern Family.