Omega Glory backstory?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by hbquikcomjamesl, Oct 9, 2019.

1. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I vaguely remember a novel or e-novella that brought up the subject. Anybody remeber what?

2. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Department of Temporal Investigations said that they investigated this for temporal shenanigans and determined that it was actually the result of some Boomers like Mayweather visiting the place then dropping off their copy of the Constitution, flag, etcetera.

They were sacred documents but they weren't OLD documents.

DEWLine and TheAlmanac like this.
  3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

• The New Voyages short story from Bantam Books contains "Visit to a Weird Planet Revisited" – Memory Beta says, "This story took place during the filming of the episode. Gene Roddenberry and episode director Vincent McEveety appeared as characters in the story."
    • Comic "Made Out of Mudd" – "Following his court martial, Ronald Tracey enlisted Harry Mudd to procure vital Starfleet intelligence to aid a Klingon invasion."

4. Leto_II

Leto_II Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Also, ENT: Kobayashi Maru is the novel that directly deals with this in the "present-day," taking place shortly in the aftermath (IIRC) of the E.C.S. Horizon's visit to the planet shortly before the Earth-Romulan War kicks off.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No, that's with regard to Iotia in "A Piece of the Action." What I posited in Watching the Clock was that a similar act of ECS intervention explained the presence of United States iconography on Omega IV.

DonIago and Charles Phipps like this.
  6. Charles Phipps

Lots of interesting continuity patches in that book. It remains one of my all-time favorite ST EU books as a result. I especially like the whole, "Mirri's Earth fell into our universe."

DonIago likes this.
  7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That was in Forgotten History, the sequel (or prequel, depending on which end you approach it from).

Leto_II, DEWLine and DonIago like this.
  8. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

...for just a second I tried to imagine compiling alll of the more canon-centric novels into a large tome that could be read in chronological order...

Please send help.

ryan123450 likes this.
  9. Charles Phipps

My bad.

10. Leto_II

Leto_II Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whoops, yup -- I misread that earlier post, there.