Nuttiest, Whacked-out Fellow Fan You've Known

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Defiler-Of-Redshirts, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defiler-Of-Redshirts

Defiler-Of-Redshirts Commander Red Shirt

Back when I was a teenager in the late '80s, my parents divorced and my dad started dating this really ditzy, flaky, almost schizoid sci-fi fanatic named Julie, who AMAZINGLY never did any drug in her entire life. One time when I was alone with her (Dad was out working on her car), she told me her theory: Spock is actually a real-life person and in real-life Spock is this interstellar Jesus Christ who travels from one solar system to another to spread his Zen message of peace and love. And any time now, the real-life Spock was going to land on Earth and share his enlightenment with us.....that was 30 years ago and I'm still waiting for the Spock/Jesus/Buddha visit to this planet.

Also, she had a toddler daughter from a previous relationship and Julie told me that she knew her daughter came from another dimension in which people can pass through matter......because the other day her toddler walked directly into a wall. At that point I silently thought to myself, "Maybe your daughter is just fucking STUPID and that's why she walked into a wall."

This Julie ditzy Trek fan also told me that the stars in the night sky are REALLY thousands of UFO's watching us.....silly me, I thought those points of light in the sky were alien solar systems! And again, (unlike a former drug abuser like me) this woman had never done any drug in her entire life, not even smoking weed. I'll bet if you gave her a dose of pure LSD-25 it would have the reverse effect and make her as logical/rational as her Spock/Jesus/Buddha figure is.

StarCruiser likes this.
  2. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well after that, I got nothin'. :techman:

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

This will go well!

Qonundrum, drt and StarCruiser like this.
  4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I know of no one like this but, even if i did, I'm not going to shit on people who can't defend themselves here.

5. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

People are people

BillJ and 1001001 like this.
  6. Defiler-Of-Redshirts

Please don't get me wrong, Julie was a very harmless, kind, gentle-natured sweetheart of a lady (she called herself the "sweetie-beast"), but in some ways she was psychologically a bit "out to lunch" and touring the outer gas giant plants when it came to her sci-fi fanaticism. Eventually she and Dad had their differences, gradually broke up and drifted apart. But I still can't forget Julie's larger-than-life sci-fi conspiracies...while sober as a librarian.

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

She sounds like she might have suffered from mental illness.

I thought you meant like “the biggest, over-the-top” fan or something like that.

I’m not sure “nutty” or “whacked out” are the best terms to use.

I’m going to see what @The Old Mixer thinks, but I’m not sure this is a great topic to continue.

fireproof78 likes this.
  8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

My thumb is wavering in a roughly horizontal position.

9. Defiler-Of-Redshirts

Good! Will you please delete my account right now and I promise I will never darken this doorstep again?! I'm so sick and tired of such humorless, whining, crybaby PC-butthurt discourse on this site I don't wish to be here any more. Please delete me. I don't care to deal with fussy, butthurt shit for another post.

ED-209 likes this.
  10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Okay, well that’s certainly a rational, reasonable response.

Of course you could just not come here anymore, but that wouldn’t be as dramatic, now would it?

I’ll close this and pass on your request to TPTB.

Lord Garth, JonnyQuest037 and BillJ like this.
  11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Well that’s certainly a case of seeing the thumb as half-empty...or something.

HugeLobes, BillJ and Lord Garth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.