Now thats "One Little Ship"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by fishingforships, Nov 24, 2009.

1. fishingforships

fishingforships Lieutenant Red Shirt

Way out in the Delta Quad, you know Missouri
    I just finished watching this episode again and I can't get over it. How cool would it be to be flying around the Defiant in a four inch runabout shooting Jem'Hadar. But they got back to their old size by going back into the anomaly and back out again on the same path, right?
    Wouldn't going back in make them even smaller? And can the Defiant get a tractor lock on something that small, put them back through getting even smaller, and pull them back out again?

2. Lazarus

Lazarus Fleet Captain

Well considering that's exactly what the Defiant did, I'm guessing that it can! :lol:

3. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

I really enjoy this episode, there's some fun little Bashir/O'Brien interactions and it'd be ace to fly around the Defiant shooting Jem'Hadar!

As for the Science Bit - it made sense to me. Presumably that was a characteristic of the anomaly, that if you follow the same path in and out then you won't end up the wrong size.

4. fishingforships

I missed most of the later seasons of DS9-most of the war-the first time around, so this is the first time I've had the chance to watch them at my leaser(pausing and rewinding at will.) I only saw that one once before ten years ago on T.V. with a crappy antenna, so I didn't get the full effect the first time around. Bashir and O'Brien running around inside the conduit playing with the wiring was fun too, but blasting Jem'Hadar with mini torpedo's was awesome. I wonder if the runabout's shields would have withstood a shot back from one of them.

5. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

The best part was at the end, when Worf tried to ad-lib a great Klingon song tribute to the adventure, and Dax caught him on not having actually written anything.

6. fishingforships

"There once was a little ship, and it took a little trip" lol

7. AdmiralGarak

AdmiralGarak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds like the beginnings of a dirty Klingon limerick. :lol: