Now On-Line: SHATTERED SKY -- a Star Trek fan production

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Potemkin_Prod, May 11, 2018.

1. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Potemkin Pictures and the Starship Deimos Creative Team are pleased to announce the release of...

SHATTERED SKY

Captain Mark Stone and his landing party are trapped on a planet with a scientist who may be responsible for shattering the fabric of the universe. Can the crew of the Deimos repair the damage in space-time, or will the landing party be trapped on the planet forever?

Starring Tony Anderson as Captain Stone, Victoria Avalon as Chief Engineer Gabriel, Jim Brucke as Executive Officer Klawitter, Lee Drew as Security Chief Drogo, Tilcia Furman as Science Officer Duras, and Renda Carr as Doctor Drake. Featuring Timothy Carr as Comm Officer Faron, Lebarron Sharpe as Tactical Officer Williams, Monique Dozier Sharpe as Helmsman Griffin, and Sarah Tompkins as Navigator Anaya. Guest starring Michael Hadden as Doctor Simon.

Written by Victorial Avalon. Directed and Edited by Randall Landers. Music by Anthony Mark Lamort. Visual Effects by Ross Trowbridge and Randall Landers. Digital sets by Basill.

Assistant Producer: Lee Drew. Associate Producer: Michael Day. Producer: David A. MacKenzie. Co-Executive Producer: Rick Foxx. Executive Producer: Randall Landers
    produced by the Starship Deimos creative team

D02-2

2. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very enjoyable!

Romdoll and Potemkin_Prod like this.
  3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode I really like the story alot.:bolian:

Romdoll, Potemkin_Prod and dmac like this.
  4. Potemkin_Prod

Thanks! The two current productions from the Deimos creative team were quite the challenge!

5. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I really wish you guys would work at getting your eyelines and directional continuity right. It would make a big difference to the watchability of these films if you didn't cross the line so often, because when it's wrong the characters don't appear to be really interacting with one another and it's an unnecessary impediment to the performances. :\

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    STEPhon IT likes this.
  6. Romdoll

Romdoll Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi Randy; So glad to see "SK" on the YT and V! With everything that happened in Real Life; I wasn't expecting to see this one out so soon.. You are da Wizard ... :)

dmac likes this.
  7. Potemkin_Prod

"Shattered Sky" was indeed a challenge. We had the lead actor no show twice (once at the location, once at the studio), then we ended up replacing him with altogether different actor. I'm just glad I shot the footage at the location with Dr. Simon and Dr. Drake and shot plenty of the location so we could get the new actor into the studio and salvage the production.

Oddly enough, the same thing happened with the same lead actor no showing for "Prodigal Daughter" which I rewrote on the steps to the Klingon sets the morning of the shoot while cast members got into makeup, wardrobe and character.

Finally both productions were delayed by another actor basically refusing to show up for ADR. And like the aforementioned lead actor, she is no longer with the production either.

Romdoll likes this.
  8. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

Ah the joys of no budget film making

Romdoll and Potemkin_Prod like this.
  9. Potemkin_Prod

Quite so.

And now when you see all these changes in the DEIMOS cast, you've got an idea of why this person or that person is no longer aboard. :)

10. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Oy. I've had a no-show before... pain in the ass. It's why I largely stick with a group of reliable actors I've used a lot, and I always leave a bit of latitude to switch an actor at the last minute in the event of disaster.

11. Romdoll

Romdoll Lieutenant Red Shirt

It was one big ole revolving door there for a while. None of us was sure if or when those two episodes would ever get finished and or hit the light of day. But, you know how it goes.... And we keep on keeping on. Semper Fidelis!

dmac likes this.
  12. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That Tide keeps a'rolling, rolling my blues away!

Romdoll likes this.
  13. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    It's a great looking location.

Potemkin_Prod likes this.
  14. Potemkin_Prod

Thanks, Kelso! It's spectacular. It's also supposed to be haunted, and while we were scouting it, a paranormal investigation team was doing EMF readings underneath the area we were going to shoot at.

15. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

What's wrong with you guys? Don't you know it's impossible -- IMPOSSIBLE -- to tell a good Trek story in under fifteen minutes?? Isn't that what everyone tells us over in the CBS Guidelines threads??? :whistle:

By the way ... good story.

dmac likes this.
  16. Potemkin_Prod

@Sgt_G LOL Out of our 61 fan films, only 4 are longer than 15 mins. But thanks for the kind words about "Shattered Sky."