Contest: VOTE November Art Challenge - Vote for Your Theme!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Starscape, Oct 16, 2022.

?

VOTE for TWO!! VOTE for TWO!!

Poll closed Nov 1, 2022.
  1. Trek Craft Inspired by a Car Manufacturer

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Toy Trek

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Design Evolution

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Transporter Malfunctions

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  5. Not Good Enough

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. I Could Do Better

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. I Like the Old Stuff Better than the New Stuff

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. Monstrous

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  9. The Menagerie

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  10. Thanksgiving

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

We're halfway through October so it's time to vote for November's Challenge Theme. You have until 1st November to vote for your TWO favourites.

Please feel free to vote whether you intend to create an entry or not, we want to generate as much interest and participation as possible. And let us know how you've voted below and why: what piques your interest about each theme, what you think we might see. You never know, your thoughts could just be the spark that lights someone's imagination and leads to a new piece of Star Trek art.

We have ten themes suggested by BBS members for you to choose from and you can vote for TWO!!!

Details for each theme are as follows:

Trek Craft Inspired by a Car Manufacturer
    In Fantastic Four 2, they introduced the Fantasicar, which was "built" by Dodge, and even contained familiar Dodge traits, such as the front grill and logo. My suggestion would be to create a Star Trek craft belonging to a particular car maker (Dodge, Ford, Chevy, etc). The craft would need to contain visual traits that make it identifiable as a particular brand.

Toy Trek
    We've seen Marauder Mo, we've seen Toby the Targ, we've seen Flotter...what other kinds of children's toys and characters might exist in the worlds of the Trek galaxy? The Federation's certainly full of room for creativity, but there's a whole galaxy out there, and you never get that sense more than when you're a kid...

Design Evolution
    Show us your design evolution process (possibly just quick sketches) for something Star Trek, be it a ship, alien race or piece of equipment. (We've had something like this once before, but it could be worth revisiting)

Transporter Malfunctions
    Duplicates, amalgamations and transmogrifications. Oh my!

Not Good Enough
    Art inspired by unpopular episodes.

I Could Do Better
    Don't like the latest redesign of the Enterprise? Fine. Show us what you would have done.

I Like the Old Stuff Better than the New Stuff
    Art inspired by Star Trek programmes made in the 20th century.

Monstrous
    As we approach Hallowe'en and (in the Northern hemisphere) the night grow darker, show us those Monstrous things that lie out there that frighten even the bravest space traveller.

The Menagerie
    We hear about Berengarian dragons, and Andorian bulls, and Orion wing-slugs, and Terrelian seapods and the like, but didn't get to see them. What do they look like? How big are they? What kind of environment do they live in? Will they eat you?!?

Thanksgiving
    As North Americans celebrate their Thanksgiving holidays your challenge would be to put a Trek spin on that idea of giving thanks and showing appreciation for the good things in life. E.g. your favourite crew gathering for a special meal or the shuttle that flew you out of trouble in the nick of time getting a well deserved spruce-up.

Remember, you can vote for TWO!!

Have fun! :bolian:

2. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

I voted for Transporter Malfunctions, because just the thought of all the different types of results makes my head spin with ideas. However, it's the amalgamation element that really piques my interest, like poor Ethan and those leaves & twigs, or Tuvix!
    I was somewhat torn for my second vote, but in the end I went for my own suggestion, The Menagerie, as I think it could encompass elements of Monstrous (my joint second fave).

At the moment, Car-inspired Craft and Toy Trek are in the lead votes wise (just), but there's a couple of weeks to go before the end of the month, so anything could happen!

3. Starscape

Just hours to go until the end of the vote and Toy Trek and Transporter Malfunctions are neck-and-neck.

Can someone break the tie in time?

4. Starscape