No Blu Ray Remastered Discs?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by theenglish, May 24, 2012.

1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

[LEFT]I am thinking about moving into the realm of Blu Ray. I can't find the remastered editions with the new effects on Amazon. Do they exist in Blu Ray or were they only published on HD? Are the DVDs the only sets that have the original episodes with the new effects?

I have owned the original DVDs for years and have already committed to not re-buying the same things on Blu Ray.

Help please!
    [/LEFT]

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Blu-Ray releases have both the new and original effects. You can switch between the two.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Great--thank you. I was concerned as this is not mentioned on the Amazon page for any of the Blu Ray discs.

4. KarmicCurse

KarmicCurse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would like to add a question about the blurays, as I'm about to cave in to bluray. I've been watching prices on amazon US and UK. Sometimes it's substantially cheaper to buy the UK version and have it shipped to the US. My question is are the UK TOS blurays region locked? Would that even be an issue on a new bluray player?

5. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Look for a region code-free Blu-ray player. They're not hard to find online.