Nichelle Nichols Health Issue

My Mother is 89 and still with it as they say but sci-fi and any sort of fantasy television has always been beyond her interest!
JB

My family went through this with my father, and it's an absolute bitch. It takes the person you love away bit by bit.

All my best to Ms. Nichols and her family.

We saw her in San Francisco last year, and sadly, this was already evident.

A really terrible disease. Hopefully she has loved ones she can trust.

We saw her two weeks before her stroke in 2015 and we could tell she was slowing down in every way. This recent news makes me so sad.

We saw her in San Francisco last year, and sadly, this was already evident.

A really terrible disease. Hopefully she has loved ones she can trust.

I saw her in Boston in 2013, and it was apparent even then that she wasn't well. The host of the convention treated her very carefully and it was clear that they were watching out for her.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope and pray that she gets the very best love and support.

About a year ago, I had a fascinating discussion with a lady who had been studying Dementia for several decades. She told me that, as of the time of our discussion, there were known to be 87 distinct forms of the disease and that more than one can be present at the same time in an individual.

Overall, it is arguably the worst disease that humans have to deal with.

Both of my parents had it, in different forms, and in both cases it was an absolute nightmare for the whole family.

It really does rob a person of the self-identity that they had before the disease began to afflict them.

I do hope that Nichelle's remaining time can be peaceful, at least. She needs understanding loved ones to be there for her.

My family went through this with my father, and it's an absolute bitch. It takes the person you love away bit by bit.

All my best to Ms. Nichols and her family.
Agree, all the best to Ms. Nichols and her loved ones. I just lost my father after being his caregiver for three extremely sad years of dementia. He was a wonderful father. This disease is a nightmare to all unfortunately touched by it.

I'm just glad to read someone is taking care of her business. When the mind starts to fail us, a guardian is essential. She's a lovely lady and an inspiration to generations. Very sad to read this. :(

Agree, all the best to Ms. Nichols and her loved ones. I just lost my father after being his caregiver for three extremely sad years of dementia. He was a wonderful father. This disease is a nightmare to all unfortunately touched by it.

You have my deepest condolences.

I went through 8 years as caregiver for my father and then 3+ for my mother (she is still alive, but matters reached the point where she needed more care than I was able to provide). In both cases, it was quite hellish most of the time.

Back